Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a '15 Street 750. Never had a problem prior to this past week. I left the ignition key in the ON position by accident and my battery died. I purchased a Die Hard Platinum Smart Battery Charger & Maintainer. I replaced the stock trickle charger cable with the new cable from the Die Hard box, plugged it in according to instructions to a wall receptacle. The charger said 0%, I let it sit over night. This morning the charger said the battery was at 100% and it was in maintenance mode. With the key in the start position and the kill switch engaged I still don't have power - no lights, no light on the tac, no humming noise as the bike's electrical components fire up, no horn.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks - Matthew

·
Registered
211 Posts
.... I replaced the stock trickle charger cable with the new cable from the Die Hard box....
I'm going to assume that on the 2015 model, the pigtail charger lead doesn't go straight from the SAE connector to the battery terminals as a separate entity, (someone put me right here if it is) but is an integral part of the wiring loom, so I'm a bit puzzled by what you've said there.

Have you checked fuses / main earth connection on the frame / battery terminals?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to assume that on the 2015 model, the pigtail charger lead doesn't go straight from the SAE connector to the battery terminals as a separate entity, (someone put me right here if it is) but is an integral part of the wiring loom, so I'm a bit puzzled by what you've said there.

Have you checked fuses / main earth connection on the frame / battery terminals?
Thanks for the reply.

So while I was riding from Idaho to Kansas the trickle cable fell down at some point in time and got jacked up. Didn't trust it to charge the battery, so when I bought the charger I looked for a kit that had a replacement cable. The difference in the stock cable VS the kit cable is the stock cable had an in-line fuse on the positive terminal...the kit cable doesn't.

I haven't checked the fuses yet because I can't find my multimeter. Purchasing a new one today.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts