Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the 2015 HD Street 500 and it has stock mirrors on it, which are decent but I can't see anything behind me. I watched some youtube videos and they suggested to get some bar-end mirrors for more behind visibility. They look expensive on the H-D website (about $200 for a pair), which I liked the most just because they are simple and looks perfect, is there a way to get the same or comparable ones at a lower price at some other place?

These are the ones I am referring to on the H-D website: Round Bar End Mirror - Left - 56000134A | Harley-Davidson USA

Thanks in advance,
MA

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
558 Posts
Fortnine.ca has some Bike Master mirrors that are about half that price. I think several members have used those.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Bar end mirrors were standard on my Ryker, but I didn't care much for them. The vibrated quite a bit, making images blurry.

·
Registered
575 Posts
On my 2015 I just went for the same looking H-D mirrors just with the longer stems. Now they stick out far enough for me to see past my elbows.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Everybody has issues with the stock mirrors. I bought the long stem mirrors from Surdyke, an H-D dealership that also sells online at a discount. Those may be the same ones that @Propnut has. They move the heads of the mirrors out about an inch or so towards the bat ends.

A lot of people get the Krator mirror extensions. These can be found on Amazon for $25US or less. They are a little arm that bolts to the current mirror mount hole and have their own holes on the far end.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes PugslyCat those are the ones. I got them from the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
The problem is that the stock mirror heads need to get moved closer to the bar ends. The mounting points are so close together. That no adjusting the mirrors or tucking in your elbows will allow a good view to the rear.

H-D long stem mirrors do that without raising the mirrors any because all of the added length goes to moving the heads of the mirrors outward.

The Krator extensions I'm thinking of move the mirrors out about an inch and a half and raise them an inch or so if the bar is used one way or keeps them level if turned over.

I'm not sure that the 45 degree extensions from Wal-Mart will move the mirrors outwards so much as raise them and perhaps swing them inwards a bit.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Here is a link to a similar extension - Black Mirror Extension Kit – DDH STUDIO

They are more expensive than the link above, but ordering from India may work better for some of you.

I kindof like recommending these guys because they are a shop that has done a lot of product development for our bikes.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Same exact thing for $15 or so on Amazon instead of $41.
Yea, that's why I posted the Amazon link a bit earlier in this thread. There are possibly lower cost sellers on Amazon than the one I bought from, but he was the cheap guy at the time.

Many of our members, such as @MaverickAlien, are from outside the United States. That being the case I think it's probably helpful to mention international vendors which may be somebody else's vender of choice. DDH Studio was actually linked in the recommended reading at the bottom of the page, but with a dead link.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Seems like the wider portion of mirror should be far out rather than close in.
When I search for flipped mirrors online I see people doing it both ways. @Veltors has his mirrors positioned to provide the best view around the rider and passenger and may need to have them that way to not hit the tank.

·
Super Moderator
558 Posts
Where can I find those longer stems? That seems to be a good idea.
Your Harley dealer should be able to order the long stemmed mirrors. Part number 91910-03B for left and 91909-03B for the right one.

Some of the mirrors like the H-D Tribal and Profile Custom designs have elongated heads that also extend the mirrored surface outwards towards the bar ends.

I did some more poking around at fortnine.ca and found a number of different bar end mirrors. You need to choose from the ones that slip into or clip onto 7/8" bars.

Fortnine.ca also has mirror extensions similar to those I linked to above. Sorry that I have not been able to copy links while responding from my phone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts