Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are doing a tour with it to dealers across the country in the USA if i'm not mistaken
i'd love to see it, if or when it comes to our area.
electric vehicles do have a place in several uses of daily commuting.

I know my golf cart with it's electric motor has massive torque and can pull our zero turn mower out of a mud hole without any effort at all.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I rode one last year in NYC, 100% torque at any speed, it's insane. Great sportbike positioning, sounds cool, really different bike for Harley. I've heard reps say it'll be out next year, it will never actually be built, or that it'll be a 2017 model. I read an interview with the CEO of HD recently, it sounds like the production will happen, but it's currently dependent on better battery technology to give better range and lower cost. Right now, it would probably be a $40,000 bike with a 75 mile range.

Check out the interview on CW, it's pretty good:
CYCLE WORLD INTERVIEW: Matt Levatich, Harley-Davidson President & CEO: Part 1 of our discussion with The Motor Company?s new boss.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Livewire

I rode one last year in NYC, 100% torque at any speed, it's insane. Great sportbike positioning, sounds cool, really different bike for Harley. I've heard reps say it'll be out next year, it will never actually be built, or that it'll be a 2017 model. I read an interview with the CEO of HD recently, it sounds like the production will happen, but it's currently dependent on better battery technology to give better range and lower cost. Right now, it would probably be a $40,000 bike with a 75 mile range.

Check out the interview on CW, it's pretty good:
CYCLE WORLD INTERVIEW: Matt Levatich, Harley-Davidson President & CEO: Part 1 of our discussion with The Motor Company?s new boss.
Exactly right once the batteries get less expensive then it will be affordable .
I hope to see it launched at the Dealer show in August but I don't think so (we will see).
Imagine you commute 25miles each way and you plug it in at work it would cost you nothing in Gas (Depending if you employer is cool).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts