Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my bike in for the reflector recall, and the the tech pressed the button on the speedometer without the key on, and the mileage displayed on the LCD. Learn something new everyday.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I brought my bike in for the reflector recall, and the the tech pressed the button on the speedometer without the key on, and the mileage displayed on the LCD. Learn something new everyday.
I didn't know that either. Live and learn.

·
Registered
309 Posts

I just tried it. Who would have guessed?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cool, I'll have to check that out once I get my bike back. I know the tech that took it last time didn't know because he asked for my key and turned it to the on position to check the mileage.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I learned this by accident, I was doing something and hit the button by accident and it came on. I was amazed when it happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got a letter in the mail saying my bike needs the reflector. I also have to have the headlight mount ring replaced. When I took off the hood to install the windshield, it has a crack right on the top. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the recall refelector ?
The red reflector under the license plate:

And pretty much all the newer HD's will allow you to check the mileage by pressing the trip button without the ignition on.

Chris

·
Registered
187 Posts
so long as you have battery power, pushing the odometer button with the ignition off should display miles/km rolled. learned about it eight years ago with my V-Rod. Florida DMV knows it, both times i titled the V-Rod to the Sunshine state they verify odometer reading

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is this a new reflector issue, or the one from April, 2015? All streets at my local dealership already had that recall long done before they sold one to me.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The Speedometer has a Hot wire coming from the fuse block. V/O at the Speedo. R/O on the plug side going back to the Fuse block. Assuming the Wiring diagram is showing the correct wire colors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts