Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m 500 miles in to my new street 750. I’ve noticed a more progressive clicking sound, kinda like ticker tape in the wheels of a bicycle or something. Gets more progressive with higher revs/speed. It’s really annoying. Has anyone come across this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for late reply, yes have checked now, sounds like it’s coming from the front of the bike, nothing that is visible, seems to speed up and slow down with the revs/speed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked oil, level is fine. I’ve been trying to record it whilst riding(phone on attached holder ) but doesn’t really come out right. I have a v and h comp series slip on so that drowns the ticking noise out a bit but at lower speeds it’s really off putting. Going in for first service soon I’ll ask the dealer if they can work it out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I’m 500 miles in to my new street 750. I’ve noticed a more progressive clicking sound, kinda like ticker tape in the wheels of a bicycle or something. Gets more progressive with higher revs/speed. It’s really annoying. Has anyone come across this?
Hello, heard the same from mine about a year ago when it was brand new. Seemed to do it more when engine was warming up and when using higher octane fuel, so now I only use 87. Figured it was maybe the fuel injector. It was more annoying the more attention I would give it. Later I would ignore it and also put a slip on exhaust so it was drowned out. Now I just realized that I haven't heard it for a long time by your question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts