Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what size I'm after. The majority I have found are either 35mm or 37mm.

I believe i need 35.

Thanks.

·
Registered
766 Posts
clip on handlebars?
i've never heard of them.

actually sounds kinda scarey to me :eek:

the handlebars on the street models are 7/8"

I want my handlebars to be firmly bolted down! ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts

i'm guessing they are called that because they bolt to the top of the fork tubes separately?

... and they are used in racing?... not so much as everyday street use?

i've never seen café racing bikes up close nor am I familiar with the terminology of the parts used on those bikes.

thanks for the pic...:)

·
Registered
367 Posts
A large amount of sport bikes use clip ons. The bars are typically stronger and they're cheaper to replace in the event you go down because you only need to replace the bar itself. The forks are 37mm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You need 37mm clip-ons ... actually I think it's 37.1mm to be exact. I have nothing but good to say about FreeSpirits and everything Marcello is pumping out of his shop. If you're all about American made ... I can't help you. The ingenuity for the Street 500 / 750's is coming out of Europe but I guess that all depends on who you listen to. Apparently they like to go fast over there. I'm no different >:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
You need 37mm clip-ons ... actually I think it's 37.1mm to be exact. I have nothing but good to say about FreeSpirits and everything Marcello is pumping out of his shop. If you're all about American made ... I can't help you. The ingenuity for the Street 500 / 750's is coming out of Europe but I guess that all depends on who you listen to. Apparently they like to go fast over there. I'm no different >:D
I would love to get my hands on some for the free spirits parts for the Street but they want you to go through your local dealer and I don't want to go through them for the least possible. So, idk. I think when I purchase some clip-ons it will be these: Apex 3" Riser Clip-on Set with 7/8" Bar kinda pricey but love the adjustablity

·
Registered
766 Posts
A large amount of sport bikes use clip ons. The bars are typically stronger and they're cheaper to replace in the event you go down because you only need to replace the bar itself. The forks are 37mm.

oh ok, I have seen those before on sport bikes.
come to think about it, my ST has two part handlebars.

never knew what they were called though.
:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would love to get my hands on some for the free spirits parts for the Street but they want you to go through your local dealer and I don't want to go through them for the least possible. So, idk. I think when I purchase some clip-ons it will be these: Apex 3" Riser Clip-on Set with 7/8" Bar kinda pricey but love the adjustablity
It's about time someone organized a group buy. I'll ask em and see if they're interested in something like that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's about time someone organized a group buy. I'll ask em and see if they're interested in something like that.
That would be nice. I'm not about to have my dealer tack on a percentage for themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts