Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clock on my 2017 resets every time I turn the bike off. My wife's works just fine. So, since I set hers and mine the same way, pretty certain I did it correctly. Any ideas on what might be going on?

TIA,

Don

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would start by checking the Fuses. My 15 didn't have the clock. I know a car radio will loose its settings/clock if the Constant Power fuse was blown/loose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try pressing the button and holding while the bike is off with key out. You should get a mileage display if power is correctly wired to speedo. Sounds like your circuit is shorted or wired wrong and you are losing power to the speedo when switched to off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would start by checking the Fuses. My 15 didn't have the clock. I know a car radio will loose its settings/clock if the Constant Power fuse was blown/loose.
Thanks for the reply.

I just check the fuses. They are all good and firmly in the sockets.

Any further thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try pressing the button and holding while the bike is off with key out. You should get a mileage display if power is correctly wired to speedo. Sounds like your circuit is shorted or wired wrong and you are losing power to the speedo when switched to off.
Thanks for the reply.

With the bike off, I press the button, the backlight comes on and displays the mileage.

Just an aside. All the other functions work, both trip odometers and the gear/rpm indicator operate just fine. As does the clock while the key is in ACC, ON and Ignition or while the bike is running. It only resets once turned off. Once turned back on - to any key position - it read 12:00 again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since the mileage displays when you press button, the power is still live to speedometer when in off position as it should be. Not sure where but you have an electrical power problem. The mileage and trip odometer are stored on a chip that does not need power, so they wont reset on a momentary loses of power. However, the clock is just basic and when it loses power it resets. I would inform the dealer and ask them to evaluate if you have a loose battery cable, a faulty fuse, a bad speedometer, or if problem is wiring. Even if you don't take it in now, email the service manager to get it documented that there is an electric problem from the start, and ask them if the service database has a common cause for a clock reset on your year and model. Not the biggest of problems, but I know it is annoying so I wish you a quick fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts