Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch cable just snapped on the way home from work on my second to last turn. i had to push my bike home. what should i do? this is my only way to get around? there is only one in texas as far as parts. you think i can find one somewhere else here in the mid cities area of dfw? the dealership said it's probably not covered under warranty. i'm devastated; this sux; this is the worst. how am i going to get to work now?

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Well you might want to call a cab or uber to get to work
And there is no reason I can think of it isn't covered by warranty

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2 pics

yeah, idk; one guys says he might be able to make one; i may be stuck; i'm going to try a couple of harley dealerships myself, just in case. everyone says the bike's to new at parts stores.

warranty seemed unlikely. it'd be great though. oh, warranty a wear and tear type part. is what a dealership service guy said. i think i am slightly passed a year, as well.

oh, you think it should be covered by warranty...i'll double check, when i call another dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
How do you wear out a clutch cable so soon? You may need to lubricate your cables sooner than what the shop manual recommends. I think I'll be ordering myself a spare just in case.

·
Registered
309 Posts
How, on earth, would this NOT be a warranty issue? What is the name and location of the denying "dealership"? I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who may have had this problem.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a can of Motion Pro. Made by Redline. I 'm lazy. Just shot a few squirts inside the slot on the thumb screw. I do that every once in awhile. Eventually it will work its way down. But then again, I have just over 1600 Miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts