Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys which color would you choose your street 750 to be wlll it be vivid black or denim black ???

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is also a 3rd option - red(gloss).

I will most likely go with gloss black , while I like the matte finish as well I prefer to have some contrast between the engine which is already powder coated matte and the body.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Denim black all the way for me :D
But I think the fairing will be gloss finish black tho ,that's a bummer when u buy a denim black & also red coz it looks out of place and cheapish :p
So one has to remove the fairing if they are not buying vivid black...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Denim black all the way for me :D
But I think the fairing will be gloss finish black tho ,that's a bummer when u buy a denim black & also red coz it looks out of place and cheapish :p
So one has to remove the fairing if they are not buying vivid black...
I think the current display/test rides have gloss fairing because of production issues , expect the final release to have uniform finish. Not sure about the red one though...

·
Registered
544 Posts
The fairing probably comes down a different production line, maybe even from a vendor, and it is just cheaper and simpler to paint them all one color. Simplifies production and inventory. They all get denim black radiator shrouds and battery covers too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine is denim black too... :)

I might remove the fairing incase if the shade is different. Or atleast check the possibility of painting it to denim black.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so guys can u tell any specific reason to choose denim black ?? is there any advantage in maintenance of the colour like color fading in the vivid or something like that ( i know it sounds stupid) ?? can u enlighten me i have booked a vivid one since i saw it in the showroom so now thinking to go for the denim one but am in confusion state since i like them both

·
Registered
633 Posts
they both have their pros and cons

matte black doesnt have to be polished or waxed but it can scratch and when it does it can't be fixed

gloss black needs to be polished and waxed to be maintained but when scratched can be fixed.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I really like the red option we've seen floating around the threads...

I don't particularily like the look of the black speed screen with the red tins, but c'est la vie I'll be swapping for a bikini fairing anyways. Should be able to color match from the bike itself, any painter worth salt can figure that out :D...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
am scared if it gets scratched so i'll go with gloss one then polishing and waxing shouldnt be a problem

1 - 16 of 16 Posts