Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, hubby and I dropped of my bike at the dealership to get some things done (he couldn't get some bolts off the bike to do it ourselves) and I swear it was like dropping off my baby at day care for the first time.... so so hard!

I also bought paint for my logos like I've seen some people do. Its called Tangerine and I'm so, incredibly excited to get the bike back so I can paint it!

I will post pictures as soon as I get it back (still debating that boy/girl and name thing for the bike, ;))

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Well, hubby and I dropped of my bike at the dealership to get some things done (he couldn't get some bolts off the bike to do it ourselves) and I swear it was like dropping off my baby at day care for the first time.... so so hard!

I also bought paint for my logos like I've seen some people do. Its called Tangerine and I'm so, incredibly excited to get the bike back so I can paint it!

I will post pictures as soon as I get it back (still debating that boy/girl and name thing for the bike, ;))

Know exactly how you feel especially if the skies are clear and it's riding weather.

In disassembling my Street 750 I've found some bolts that were way over torqued so I can understand the inability of your husband to remove some. We literally had to drill one out because it couldn't be removed with an Allen wrench.

We're holding our breath while waiting on the photos so don't delay too long.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Know exactly how you feel especially if the skies are clear and it's riding weather.

In disassembling my Street 750 I've found some bolts that were way over torqued so I can understand the inability of your husband to remove some. We literally had to drill one out because it couldn't be removed with an Allen wrench.

We're holding our breath while waiting on the photos so don't delay too long.
My husband goes to the gym like 6 days a week and couldn't get it with the Allen wrench! He may have stripped one....Oppsie! But the dealer with fix that for me. I get it back Sunday (hubby PROMISED as we are going out of town for the weekend). This is why I scheduled it this weekend....I wouldn't be riding anyway.

I cannot wait to get it back!

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
IS the bike getting any other goodies while it is in the shop? Exhaust? Seat? Sissy bar?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
IS the bike getting any other goodies while it is in the shop? Exhaust? Seat? Sissy bar?
Engine bar and tail bag are getting added.

I cannot wait to see how it looks after. I'm a little wishy washy about the engine bar honestly...I don't know if I'll like it or not...but when my husband dropped his nightster in front of me, it kind of freaked me out and I thought it would be a good investment and "I can always take it off" if I hate it..... The bag is so I can start driving the bike to work (yeah, right at the end of the darn season) but I found out we have designated parking for bikes on the ground level (and it's covered *bonus*) at work so once I have the tail bag that can fit all my girly crap and lunch, and gear...I'm taking it to work!

I still haven't found a new exhaust that I like yet...so no in that dept... and don't like the sissy bar that H-D makes for the streets at this point. I'm super picky.... (don't ask my husband how bad or I'll never have friends here....)

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
You go girl.......

·
Registered
30 Posts
yea be careful with that name thing, if you start calling it carlos hubby gets jealous of all your riding... hehhh, sounds good though.. .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what we got done so far. Now that I have the engine bar on, the horn is driving me even more crazy...it will be the next thing I change (other than painting the logos) for sure. Here are the pics I was able to take of the progress!

The guy riding it is my husband. I wore the wrong footwear today.... and he is a good model ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Here's what we got done so far. Now that I have the engine bar on, the horn is driving me even more crazy...it will be the next thing I change (other than painting the logos) for sure. Here are the pics I was able to take of the progress!

The guy riding it is my husband. I wore the wrong footwear today.... and he is a good model ;)
Great pics! What make is the bag? Where did you get it? It's very nice and compliments the bike.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

Looking good KRH! The horns seems to be one of those things bothering everyone. what will you be using to paint the logos?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KRH,

How are you liking the tail bag? I am looking for a luggage option to be able to carry my lunch, bike cover, and gym shoes/clothes for my daily commute.
I bought this specific bag for that purpose. I didn't want luggage, but I want all my work stuff to fit. So far, so good. When hubby rode it home, He also commented that it acted as a brace because he would slide some when he rode my bike VS his own. It also isn't hard for me to take off and put on myself....which is a bonus!

Great pics! What make is the bag? Where did you get it? It's very nice and compliments the bike.
It is a Harley Davidson Brand bag. The part number is 93300069A on H-D's site.

Link: Tail Bag | Travel Bags | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Looking good KRH! The horns seems to be one of those things bothering everyone. what will you be using to paint the logos?
It bothered me a lot to begin with. But once I got the engine bar, it is now driving me batty! It's gotta move! I don't like chrome, so right now I'm like k tied. I'll likely move the existing horn for now and see what comes out. But I'm in love with my bike regardless!!

As for the paint. I got some indoor/outdoor Krylon in "tangerine" and a flat eye shadow brush that should do nicely. I'm likely going to take a stab at that sometime later this week.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
**** nice Great job lady

Reactions: KRH

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I keep loving it more and more every time I look at it.

I think my hands have more paint on them than the bike... Who knew that getting a spray paint can to spray into a small container would be so difficult? (Husband had a good laugh when I sent my apology for there being orange spray paint on the driveway......)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks! I keep loving it more and more every time I look at it.

I think my hands have more paint on them than the bike... Who knew that getting a spray paint can to spray into a small container would be so difficult? (Husband had a good laugh when I sent my apology for there being orange spray paint on the driveway......)
Look at it this way you kill two birds with one stone, the driveway is now ready for Halloween.>:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought this specific bag for that purpose. I didn't want luggage, but I want all my work stuff to fit. So far, so good. When hubby rode it home, He also commented that it acted as a brace because he would slide some when he rode my bike VS his own. It also isn't hard for me to take off and put on myself....which is a bonus!

It is a Harley Davidson Brand bag. The part number is 93300069A on H-D's site.

Link: Tail Bag | Travel Bags | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

It bothered me a lot to begin with. But once I got the engine bar, it is now driving me batty! It's gotta move! I don't like chrome, so right now I'm like k tied. I'll likely move the existing horn for now and see what comes out. But I'm in love with my bike regardless!!

As for the paint. I got some indoor/outdoor Krylon in "tangerine" and a flat eye shadow brush that should do nicely. I'm likely going to take a stab at that sometime later this week.
Thanks for the inputs KRH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts