Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my street rod 750 ran out of battery (I know you don’t have to say it) now that it’s recharged when I turn the key it won’t start. Fuel pump turns on, oil, engine and theft lights are also on but the final touch of the start button...nothing. Does anyone know how to reset it, any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well I could be corrected here but I have never heard of 'having to reset' anything when the battery is charged / replaced? It should just carry on as before.
Could you have possibly blown one of the fuses as this, or possibly a loose wire, is possibly the reason for non starting?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may just want to check it's in neutral and if not pull in the clutch to start. Might be simplistic but it always pays to start with the easy first :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nazarui, Did you get your problem resolved? I have similar issue with my Street 500. Son unplugged wires going to ECM and now bike will not start. Any ideas?
Thanks, Daryl

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dead battery should not cause the problem you described. If all previous relpies fail, just push start it. Make sure all is in the run position.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hallo...
.ich kenne es von BMW und auch Mercedes Benz, wenn eine neue Batterie gehörtaut muss sie vom Mechaniker über dem Service Stecker angelernt werden. Besessen das bei der Straße auch so sein?
.Guss Janmad

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Street does not have this - the battery can be removed and replaced - I have done it several times before I brought a tender and have never had to reset anything. Since getting a tender I leave it plugged in and don't ever have a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts