Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Connecting Gerbings Controllers

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Guaire 
#1 ·
I have used Eastern Beaver circuits for connecting my heated jacket liner and pants liner.

I have set up the old kits on other bikes. This kit is a new design. Usually, it's required to connect to the battery terminals. Also, the relay needs to be tapped into a wire that turns on when the key is turned on.
One of the circuits is always on. That way you can use a battery charger connector to charge the battery. I want two circuits to wire in my Gerbings rheostat heat controllers. Any advice or experience will be helpful.

This controller is similar to mine. My old ones have knobs.

#2 · (Edited)
I removed the side panels, seat and lifted up the fuel tank. I attached the Gerbings power cable directly to the battery terminals. I ran the power wire forward, but still under the tank. I attached the power in cable to the dual controller, sitting on the handlebar. It checked out OK and it's running fine.
The Gerbinngs set up next to my phone. The phone talks to the Beeline navigation. The dial points the way and gives distance to the next turn. The iPhone uses google maps to show the location, set routes and run the show. One thing I like a lot... you don't have to punch in an address if you don't want to. Just drop a point on the map. That's so much easier!
Light Black Camera accessory Cameras & optics Gas
Communication Device Automotive design Automotive lighting Gadget Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.