Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I bought the Coolant Hose Cover, In Black for my 15 Street 750. Install is pretty easy. One little problem I noted in the Instructions. They tell you to put the Cover Underneath the Coil Bracket. The bolt holes didn't line up. Put it On Top Off, And everything went back together smoothly.
If anyone is considering this, you'll Need a 5 and 6MM Allen socket. I am "Anal" and use a Torque Wrench.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Pic, with this, before and after?

·
Registered
766 Posts
on my bike, I'd like to find something to cover the hose to make it look like a braided hose.

I have such a hard time spending so much at Harley for items that shouldn't be that high, so I try to come up with some kind of an alternative that looks ok....sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't.....i..e..mirror extenders lol !

·
Registered
504 Posts
after buying and installing the black HD mirror extenders, I can see ok behind me now.
I had them, and returned them!

The extenders wouldn't bolt onto the existing mounting hole, after the mirrors were removed.

Seems HD forgot to put an adapter in the kit to thread into the original mount (larger than the hole in the extenders), allowing them to then bolt on.

I wasn't prepared to start cutting and drilling to mod them to fit.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that the Thread has been Hijacked.

I saw in the 2016 HD Accessories Catalogue the Mirror Options. HD doesn't even show the correct units. They had a couple of them that had the Acorn Nut on the bottom. Well the Street Mirrors are above the Handle Bar. And don't have the Acorn Nut on the bottom like a typical Harley.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rock, I am not upset. Some of the Forums I belong(ed) to have rules against "Hijacking". I was just pointing out, How we started talking about the Hose Cover. And ended up discussing Mirrors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts