Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed of all the different pics Ive seen some have/like the headlight cowls some dont. Just a thread to hear the different opinions and thoughts on it..Im kinda indifferent on it but might try it without...

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like the cowl on mine.
the look of it is one reason I liked the HD street models.
I took a visor from an open face helmet and attached it backwards to the top of my cowl, it does deflect a bit of wind upwards, not like an actual windshield would do, but it is noticeable....just my 2 cents

·
Registered
15 Posts
I prefer the look of it with no cowl, but I feel like wind is less destabilising at high speeds with the cowl. I had it off for a long time, put it back on when I started making more of a habit of freeway riding.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like the look of the cowl (even though I think its cheap looking) it deflects a little bit of wind just enough for me im not into the windshield thing.
Personally I like the wind in my beard! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like mine because I use it to put stuff in for short rides (put mail in there from the end of the driveway to the house) or when I'm parked (stuff gloves in there to either side of the headlight).

·
Registered
491 Posts
The way I see it you now have four choices. Keep the cowl, stack an aftermarket windshield on the cowl, remove cowl and go with Harley windshield or aftermarket or the fourth choice which has my interest....A Batwing from Memphis Shades. Parts counter guy at my dealership told me he just sold one to another Street 750 owner. Said the owner now swears by it. Parts guy said the wing was light weight and there wouldn't be a need to beef up the front forks. Just something to think about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts