Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the crankshaft sensor the ckp? If so which of the two wires are the signal wire. According to the wire diagram one is high one is low.
If not where is the location of the pickup coil, or is that the ignition coil?
I ask because I'm installing a gear indicator. And need to: "tap the signal wire from the 2 wire crankshaft sensor (pickup coil)".
Any constructive help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. I'll post the results. And how to. Just gotta figure out my questions above. Thats my only hold up out of four wires.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the crankshaft sensor the ckp? If so which of the two wires are the signal wire. According to the wire diagram one is high one is low.
If not where is the location of the pickup coil, or is that the ignition coil?
I ask because I'm installing a gear indicator. And need to: "tap the signal wire from the 2 wire crankshaft sensor (pickup coil)".
Any constructive help would be appreciated.

Where did you get the wiring diagram?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please appreciate this. I had to do a little searching, I forgot to save to bookmarks haha.
https://www.mybikemanual.com/shop/harley-davidson/2015-harley-davidson-street-models-xg500-xg750-electrical-diagnostic-manual-download-99612-15/

Theres 3 I got the diagnostic which has the wire diagram. And the parts manual that breaks down everything nuts and bolts. Shows location and part numbers. Both in my opinion are a must have and are awesome.

Now how about my thread starting questions. Anyone? Anyone at all lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes the crankshaft is the ckp, use that as the crankshaft spins it causes this sensor to actually create electricity I believe no more than 5 volts a/c, I dont know which wire you should use as I cant access the diagram it should be the wire going to the ecm away from ground, check with your device maker they may tell you which one to use.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Please appreciate this. I had to do a little searching, I forgot to save to bookmarks haha.
https://www.mybikemanual.com/shop/harley-davidson/2015-harley-davidson-street-models-xg500-xg750-electrical-diagnostic-manual-download-99612-15/

Theres 3 I got the diagnostic which has the wire diagram. And the parts manual that breaks down everything nuts and bolts. Shows location and part numbers. Both in my opinion are a must have and are awesome.

Now how about my thread starting questions. Anyone? Anyone at all lol
is this the service manual?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts