Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Working on getting a four and a half gallon tank from the XL 1200c fitted to my bike. Fuel pump & tank work, no issues. All that's left is a change in handlebar risers for clearance and relocating the mounting tabs to work in conjunction with the stock frame mounts.

P.s. sorry to also share my mess of a garage 馃槄

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Small update:
Started getting a few coats of black base on the tank before I switch to oem vivid black paint. Removed badges and filled the few larger dents the tank came with. Created a push-forward T-bar setup with a combination of LA choppers kage fighter 8" risers, fitting reducers, studs matching oem thread pitch, and an emgo superbike handlebar (2.5" rise, 4.75" on). Total rise in the handlebar setup is about 12" with a 1-1/4" pull forward.

Handlebars are now in line with my shoulders and the perfect length to have just a slight bend in my arms on a straight cruise. (I'm 6 foot tall mind you, the stock setup was extremely uncomfortable to me and before this new setup I was using an EMGO chopper T-bar angled awkwardly forward. Those were a 6" rise used with 1-1/2" riser extensions, totalling somewhere near 9" of rise height overall.)

Back on topic:

Tank still needs mounting tabs welded on, going to reuse what was chopped off but in a lower position to work with our stock frame mounts. But the project's going to be on hiatus for about the next 10 days as I'm getting married this coming weekend 馃コ馃コ.

In the meantime I'll most likely try to shorten and clean up the wiring harness because it's disgusting how unorganized it came from factory.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Project is finished!

Everything went on without a hitch, tank tabs relocated to the underside of the tank. Everything welded up and paint came out nice (except the color matched "vivid black" came out a little muddy, as-in not as deep as the stock paint).

Went to my Lanesplitterz, my local bike shop, and one of the mechanics mistook it for a Dyna 馃槄

1 - 6 of 6 Posts