Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made a good decision on the after-market slip-ons? The factroy muffler is just way too quiet. I have listened to the YouTube vids last couple days, including Ramus, TBR, scream'n eagle night stick, Vance and Hines, etc. they all sounded better than the factory muffler, but videos dont do the needed justice. I liked Ramus vid, but for $700.00 I dont think so..the next seemed to be the TBR (two brothers racing). Lots of good reviews on that one too. Wondering if anyone has gotten any of these and can comment? Looking for that loud, yet controlled harley sound.

·
Registered
309 Posts
chbart,

You may have seen my comment below on another thread.

RE: Exhaust from Two Brothers?

Glad you asked. I ordered a V&H from my HD dealer that didn't arrive after a couple of weeks. They (the dealer) suggested that I try the TBR. Man am I glad that they did. If you want the deepest sound* that I've heard this is probably the one. I couldn't be happier. One thing, however, if you are looking for a "SHORTY" this is not the one. It's probably the longest of them all, thus the deep sound. Here's another thing. I've read that after market slip-on pipes such as this (i.e. TBR & V&H) will invalidate the warranty. Well, my dealer not only sells them but also installs them on their new show room models, for sale, and assures me that it's not the case, at least with them. Good luck, my friend, they are all better than that anemic POS that comes stock!

*Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7zvnBldeQ

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JONBERG, I did see your comment...in fact, at this point with all the exhaust comments & vids scrambled in my head at this point, I was using your comment to tip the scale at this point with TBR. :) Think i will go with them at this point, thought I'd just check a little more out there. I just wish I could hear a few of them real-time instead of the vids..im just a picky person..haha..I do appreciate your input! Sounds like you are still pleased with yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the two brothers pipe on my 750, took me less than 30 minutes. It's a lot louder than the video shows. At this point, I'm not sure I'll keep it. I love the deep sound, but it is loud.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@ thekkdude,

Have you had her out on the open road? SWEET!

Not really, still breaking it in. I did hit the fwy for the 1st time after installing the pipe. Had it up to around 70mph for a bit, it really sounds great on the fwy! It's just kind of loud for my quiet neighborhood.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ JONBERG, if I didnt know any better, Id say you might work for TBR.. (kidding), no, think im going to buy it next week. I appreicate all your feedbacks. I will comment after I get it and give my opinion as well to help others decide. Now...if only I could fix that lag and leap issue (whoooole nother topic on a different thread), outside of this, I love this bike.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just the fact that they actually post the dyna versus the others saying they don't know what it does makes me want one. If this is installed do we need a new map installed or fp3 running or would it be ok to run on its own?

·
Registered
309 Posts
@ ryoung048,

" If this is installed do we need a new map installed or fp3 running or would it be ok to run on its own?"

I'm running "on its own" and it seems just fine. My HD dealer seemed OK with that, as well.

@ chbart,

No, I don't work for TBR but I do consider this as the best addition to my bike, so far. Further, I don't mean to underestimate any other of the fine 'slip-ons' available and am thankful that we have so many options available.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ JONBERG,

Agreed.

@ ryoung048,

I also called my Harley Dealer about warranty void, new map, etc. he said same thing JONBERG's dealer said. And long as its a slip-on (which this is), it will not void warranty. But I would check with your local dealer as each one can be just a little different, though this is pretty standard.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Has anyone made a good decision on the after-market slip-ons? The factroy muffler is just way too quiet. I have listened to the YouTube vids last couple days, including Ramus, TBR, scream'n eagle night stick, Vance and Hines, etc. they all sounded better than the factory muffler, but videos dont do the needed justice. I liked Ramus vid, but for $700.00 I dont think so..the next seemed to be the TBR (two brothers racing). Lots of good reviews on that one too. Wondering if anyone has gotten any of these and can comment? Looking for that loud, yet controlled harley sound.
I have installed the Firebrand Loose Cannon and and its amazing. To control the sound, I can suggest use the insert which is optional with this slip on. Check it out, I think it might work for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks...I heard about that one that it was good too, but couldnt really find any sound clips...besides...too late..I ordered my tbr and should show up sat...looking forward to hearing...sure they both sound great!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have installed the Firebrand Loose Cannon and and its amazing. To control the sound, I can suggest use the insert which is optional with this slip on. Check it out, I think it might work for you.
I too have the Firebrand Loose Cannon on my Street 750 (The least expensive "shorty" slip on with great sound). I eventually added the insert baffle cause it was getting to the point that I couldn't hear the speakers inside my helmet for my Uclear Blue tooth set up. Installing the baffle allowed me to hear my music inside my helmet and still hear that fabulous tone of the Loose cannon. The other benefit from installing the baffle insert was a smoother go in the first 3 gears. Still getting 50 plus miles to the gallon too. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts