Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2016 Harley Davidson Street XG750
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in search of a company that specializes in custom XG750 kits to make the motorcycle look more “Flat track” similar to the XG750R that Harley produces for flat track. I am looking for a tail kit to make it a street tracker with lights, but still keep heritage with a flat track inspired shape and function. Does anyone know a company that manufactures something I am looking for?

· Registered
96 Posts
Boolean words like Harley + dirt track + seat, then click 'images.' See a seat that looks the style, click the seat, a popup window shows it blown up, then to the right shows the company who has it.

Another is to goto facebook marketplace and ask if any are for sale or who sells them in the US?

· Registered
2016 Harley Davidson Street XG750
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boolean words like Harley + dirt track + seat, then click 'images.' See a seat that looks the style, click the seat, a popup window shows it blown up, then to the right shows the company who has it.

Another is to goto facebook marketplace and ask if any are for sale or who sells them in the US?
Boolean?

· Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
932 Posts
Actually, Boolean means no such thing. @Bott is no stranger to making up his own terminology.

• Haha
Reactions: Guaire

· Registered
96 Posts
Why Boolean Searches Are Helpful
When you perform a regular search, such as dog if you're looking for pictures of dogs, you'll get a massive number of results, possibly in the billions. A Boolean search would be beneficial here if you're looking for a specific dog breed or if you're not interested in seeing pictures for a specific type of dog.: <<< From the url

"Come on, man"... I think I used the term/meaning/name as a narrow it down to the dog's tail end? Dog's name is Harley, likes to play in the dirt, his rear looks like it could mean seat, Harley, seat... good boy.

Signed,
NOLTT (no one listens to turtle)

· Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
932 Posts
Bool·e·an
[ˈbo͞olēən]

ADJECTIVE
  1. denoting a system of algebraic notation used to represent logical propositions, especially in computing and electronics.

NOUN
COMPUTING
  1. a binary variable, having two possible values called “true” and “false.”.

Reactions: Guaire

· Registered
96 Posts
Agree.... But!

"A Boolean search would be beneficial here if you're looking for a specific dog breed or if you're not interested in seeing pictures for a specific type of dog."

The search is to narrow down a seat to the many Harley seats thru the years. Same as typing dog, where no dog will popup until you add the benefit of dirt so as to be specific in the seat choice.

I see you are looking at this as algebra in the true definition of boolean as the main definition, but the quote above explains how to use specific word-associations to narrow down the seat in question.

I can see it your way as being absolutely right, but I took the url for this example as being just as valid using the word boolean to 'narrow down the search.'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts