Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took less than 3 weeks from order to in my hands. Built to my specs. These are a bit over 1" longer eye to eye (15.125") than the OEM units. You will have to adjust your belt as it is too slack once these are installed. That will be taken care of when the Dunlops are installed.

And the last pic........I am working with Moroso on plug wires. Working on fitment and build. Super secret squirrel stuff and all. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got done reinstalling the wheels with the Dunlop Q3+'s, EBC brake pads and the fork legs after having Ohlins cartridges installed. 'Bout the only thing left I want to do, besides ride the wheels off this thing, is a full exhaust.......if any of the main stream manufacturers buck up and offer one I like.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, and snake oil or not, I added some Royal Purple "Purple Ice" to the cooling system.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, that certainly looks the biz. Old Alf Hagon sorted you out eh? Are the shocks from a US dealer, or did you get them sent over from the UK?

Oh, and Scooter, I take it that you and V&H sorted out your fuelling problems, how did that go?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The US supplier has been closed. These can only be sourced directly from Hagon in the UK.

V&H's is still sorting out the rev limiter but the idle control is working. I have not ridden since the initial issue. Between the winter weather and my back issues it will be a few weeks at least until I get out on the road to see how all the parts work.

I honestly was pretty happy with all the OEM goods but I can't leave anything alone. Gotta make it my own.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went for a ride today. Had to start breaking in the new Dunlops and bed in the EBC brake pads. While I couldn't push the bike like I normally do because of scrubbing in the new tires I can say the Hagon shocks are fabulous!!!! The added length puts a bit more pressure on the front end and it now gives all kinds of feedback. That might be from the Dunlop Q3+'s as well. So, it seems I have made some very good choices between tires, brake pads and suspension.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dear Scooter,

Thank you for giving us the news of your latest ride.

Love from,

The other side of the Atlantic!

20180228_115710.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They don’t show them. You have to contact customer service and order them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i didn't find Harley Davidson 750 XGA (Street Rod) on this site. Doesn't exist.
You'll struggle to find anywhere advertising shocks for the Street Rod at the moment.

But if you give the manufacturers your details, your weight, two up or solo riding, length of standard shock, pre-load and or rebound, mounting bolt size (M12 as you ask) they can supply you with what you need.

Hagons are a good make, their reputation began with the founder Alf Hagon's success in speedway and grass track racing in the UK back in the '60s.

Having said that I notice YSS shocks seem to becoming the flavour of the month here. They're made by a Thai company. I don't know about you, but engineering and Thailand are not words that I naturally associate together, like I do for instance with German and engineering. However by all accounts they are the biz.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right now the only viable option are Hagon's for the Street Rod, especially if you want them custom built as I had done.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now that I have some heat cycles into the new tires, the clutch adjusted well and the all new suspension dialed in (both the Hagon rear shocks and the Ohlins fork cartridges) I'll be hitting one of my favorite 2 roads tomorrow. This bike has been transformed. Lean angle, traction, cornering stability.....all so much better. I can say that the OEM tires are not only low on traction but poor in profile. Oh, and I just had to get a personalized plate for this special bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ohlins cartridges? Let me sit down first and then tell me the price!

I see you've got some very neat number plate LED's there Scooter, where did you find them?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, they were a custom build/install by Motorcycle Metal in Florida. An adaptation of an existing model.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's a fair old wedge of money, still, quality costs.

Tyres seem to have a really good profile, I'll bear them in mind come the end of the Michelins (I'm determined to get my moneys worth out of them).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ohlins=$$$ but it's the one and only set I'll have to get.

I found the Michelin's spinning and not gripping while the Dunlop's not loft the front end when giving it the go juice and they supply a bit more lean angle as the tread wraps a bit more. Traction for days!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts