Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to share with you one of the first complete custom build street with only bolt-on parts! So no cutting and welding on the frame. All the parts you see on this bike can be ordered and are not one of a kind. I am really like to know what you guys think. I will post some better pictures later

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like to share with you one of the first complete custom build street with only bolt-on parts! So no cutting and welding on the frame. All the parts you see on this bike can be ordered and are not one of a kind. I am really like to know what you guys think. I will post some better pictures later
Looks great. Quite an achievement, but tell me why not buy a bike itself? How is this better than complete bike bought from a dealer, apart from the fact that you you must have enjoyed the experience of building your own bike and not having to replace the unwanted original parts?
How about a little write up about how and why you did it and the cost factor?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i wasnt clear in my first post. We bought two standard Street 750 and made two total different bikes with only bolt on parts. One bike is on the picture is more cafe racer style. The second bike ( i will post a picture later) is more performance and functionalty improvement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No we but a 16 x 5 rear wheel on the back and a 19 x 2,15 wheel in the front. The other bike we did we used front and rear 17 inch wheels. I added picture of the other build

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm stoked to hear that the 17 fit the rear without major subframe and swingarm modifications. I think it really improves the stance and look of the bike with the 17 rear and 19 front. Would you care to post about those specific modifications, front and rear? What specifically was required as far as sourcing correctly fitting rims, tools, time, etc? One of my biggest gripes so far is the lack of really good rubber choices on the small rear wheel. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, and would love to learn more. Again, rad builds, both.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I really like what you've done here and is cool that it is something that even people without some more technical skills can put together themselves. The yellow Street looks great. I really like the cafe styling to it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It really changes the dimensions, no longer looks "scooterish" at all.
It sure does. Now that I see it like this, it has me wondering what else can be done to make other area's of the bike complement that new look. Things like the handle bars and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I looked at one picture and my first thought was, I dont really like it...I check out the one with the yellow and the rims, and ohhhhhhhhhh, that is so so nice, I LOVE IT. great job.

I need the rims on the Beast

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks everybody for the compliments! We think there is a market for aftermarket parts for the Street. I will send you some better photos later. By the way does anyone know some companies in India that are willing to sell aftermarket parts. This has to be Harley shop ( doesnt have to OEM)

·
Registered
10 Posts
That yellow bike is sick! I never would have thought "this bike should be yellow", but it looks awesome. Nice job man.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What does the big front wheel do to the ride? Does it impact quick cornering or is it even noticeable?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
What does the big front wheel do to the ride? Does it impact quick cornering or is it even noticeable?

Not having ridden the motorcycle the change from a 17" to a 19" front tire doesn't change the trail very much and handing shouldn't have been significantly changed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its similar as the original but we mounted the old style Avon MKII tyres and those are more show tyres then rideability tyres. No problems till now but if you start really cornering i would expect a "normal" tyre would work better.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts