203 Posts
I agree mate.
A couple of others I'd recommend are:

An actual Build thread

A grand Bazaar/Vendor/For sale Thread

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought now that a growing companies are starting to make aftermarket parts and accessories for the street, it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can share and recommend sites etc for places here in Australia. Any recommendations??

Was there any update to this mate?
Im in Melbourne, struggling to find any decent aftermarket places especially for a twin pipe set up that aren't charging the earth...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone has anything to share .............. ?

Just snagged a 2014 500 and looking at below accesories ...

Front engine guards (TCMT brand seem popular, but none in stock on Amazon US atm)
Footpegs (eBay - shipped from HK)
Windshiels/Memphis shades cowl (Direct from Memphis shades / eBay-shipped from HK)
Daymaker headlight (Amazon - Wisamic brand seems popular)
T-bars/drag race handlebars (YET TO START LOOKING)

·
Super Moderator
526 Posts
I've got the TCMT brand engine guards and have been very happy with them. There was some peeling paint when they were unpacked, but TCMT adjusted the price more than enough to cover a rattle can of touch up paint. I went down on fresh gravel before that got done, so now a lot of touching up to do.

I'm having problems mounting highway pegs to the TCMT guards. Mounting the simplest mounts on the straight bits puts them up too high and the H-D adjustable mounts won't go around the guards. The tubing got somewhat flattened during the bending process and so aren't a nearly perfect 1.25" diameter.

Which Memphis Shades cowl are you getting? I've got the batwing fairing, but have not yet installed it. Other members have had that and really enjoy it.

The headlight is something I would encourage anybody to do. My first experience with riding at night with the stock headlight was really, really bad.

·
Super Moderator
526 Posts
Yea, the mirrors are something I recommend everybody fix right away. I have the long stem mirrors and am still thinking about getting the Krator extensions.

·
Super Moderator
526 Posts
I asked about which Memphis Shades cowl because some of their stuff requires the front turn signals to be relocated and some doesn't. The batwing fairing needs the turn signals moved. Not sure about the gauntlet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts