Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. need some information I have just purchased the above. From an advertisement I didn’t see it however I have a video showing running

I need confirmation of the This year model had an immobiliser fitted.

It had a FPIII fuelpak fitted which was removed on my purchase. Which I now have after quite lengthy discussion

I have refitted the fuelpak and tried to flash it however it states it doesn’t recognise the vin although on all the invoices I have the vin is the same show. As paired !

I’m confused. I have a new battery I have checked earth lead connection and the cable All good there. Any suggestions !
Thanks

Brigg

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
781 Posts
I believe that an alarm, key fob and immobilizer were available as an option.

Your bike might have start in neutral protection or a kickstand switch. I've heard that 2016 bikes and possibly earlier built overseas have such things, but my domestically built one doesn't.

The FP3 will record the VIN of the first bike it's installed on. It will be able to flash the ECM of that bike any number of times. It will never be able to flash any other bike. If the VIN recorded in the FP3 doesn't match your bike it will never be able to flash your bike.

A previously used FP3 can be used as to read diagnostic codes on any number of bikes. It can't be used to flash any of them, but it works as a code reader.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. It’s become difficult to trace this bikes origins. I now have the FP3. I have connected it to the bike the vehicle vin is shown on the FP3 with an error message stating unable to pair and yet the Vi is correct as registered on the Bike and docs. This is driving me nuts lol. I wish I had kept my deuce. Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi I have heard bad things about FP3… some custom builders are staying away from FP3… I’m sorry to say this… but there are comments that FP3 screw up( like it shows error that are not valid)…. The reviews are better for Maximus…or if want to stick to SE I would say that is the best for street models. Does your bike hear the fuel pump while startup , does it switch on all the lights in the dash and headlights…if yes you can identify the error code from the dash( you tube University has few vedios you can check)…

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
Have you tried contacting Vance & Hines customer support about the FP3 not wanting to connect even though the VIN matches?

Reactions: Guaire

·
Super Moderator
781 Posts
I PM'd @Brigg and he has it running. Apparently the combination of the missing tuner and flat battery resulted in the EFI having no tune whatsoever. The boffins at Moto Cave fixed him up and he's happily riding the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts