Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pre-ordering a Street 750 from a dealer here in Oklahoma. Beyond the projected $7500 for the bike itself, additional costs include $900 for freight, $600 for set-up, and another $260 for documents and fees (not including tax or license).

Looks inflated to me. For example, Harley's own website quotes a figure of $435 for freight on a Road King.

Thoughts? Other experiences with these "add-ons"?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Look at what those charges are for some Sportsters and V-Rods, since both of those models are assembled in Kansas City and compare. If the prices seem too high, ask questions and shop around. Don't be afraid to walk away from a questionable deal. The "stealer" can't take advantage of you if you don't let them.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Look at what those charges are for some Sportsters and V-Rods, since both of those models are assembled in Kansas City and compare. If the prices seem too high, ask questions and shop around. Don't be afraid to walk away from a questionable deal. The "stealer" can't take advantage of you if you don't let them.
Good advice. Best to shop around and ask as many question as you can even if it makes some sales people pissed but at least in the end you can make an informed decision and get what you'll be happy with for years to come

·
Registered
244 Posts
i also think its a god idea to give a call to some other dealers who are close by you. If you tell one the situation they can either confirm that that is normal, or I'm sure they would be happy to help you themselves for less if your dealer is indeed trying to squeeze you for more money than he should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Appreciate the good advice. I spoke to the dealer in question, & the salesperson said that of the $900 for freight, $450 was "for profit."

Aha.

·
Registered
548 Posts
at least he was honest. Its not likely your going to get around freight and PDI, same goes for taxes. You can try and find someone who will knock some off MSRP but for such a new and highly expected bike I think your chances are slim..

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Appreciate the good advice. I spoke to the dealer in question, & the salesperson said that of the $900 for freight, $450 was "for profit."

Aha.
The real question now is just how much exactly the dealer is making off each bike they sell. I was thinking that they would make more than $450 for each bike sold...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Good advice. Best to shop around and ask as many question as you can even if it makes some sales people pissed but at least in the end you can make an informed decision and get what you'll be happy with for years to come
If questions upset sales staff, run don't walk to another dealer.

·
Registered
548 Posts
maybe if the thing is sitting around, but on a new issue in demand bike, I don't think your circumventing freight and pdi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts