Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, jump on the bike and GO RIDING!:D Weather here in central Indiana was beautiful over the weekend. Ended up riding about 110 miles on Saturday and Sunday. Pretty much the end of it for awhile here, rain/sleet/snow forecast starting mid week. It was nice over the weekend though, stopped to take a break and grab some lunch.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Squeezing in the last rides before the winter comes. You never know which ride will be your last. What kind of Harley are you riding there? It is a Harley right?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Squeezing in the last rides before the winter comes. You never know which ride will be your last. What kind of Harley are you riding there? It is a Harley right?
I squeeze in a ride any time I can. I rode during December/January/February last year. Always seem to be 40-50* days that pop up somewhere. They weren't long rides, maybe an hour or so.

No it isn't a Harley, it's an '09 Honda Rebel.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're supposed to get "hit" on Thursday. Starting with some rain, changing over to sleet and then all snow thru Friday. Then cold... Highs in the low/mid 20* range. Supposed to hit 60* tomorrow, but rain. I drained the carb and covered her up in the garage, we're not going anywhere for awhile.:(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there is any chance of ice or snow on the roads I do not go out riding. That time of year sand/salt is something to look out for too.

Years ago I left my apartment and rode to work (21 miles, all Interstate) in a temperature of 19*. When I got to work I was so cold I could not even get off the bike. Lucky for me I could park next to the window of the print shop I worked at, and a buddy helped me inside. Probably one of the stupidest things I ever did in my life. It's a wonder I didn't die from hypothermia.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Oh God no... Mine is all snug in the garage.:D Next week highs are supposed to be in the upper teens, and lows around 5*.:( Sleep tight little Honda...:D
I wish I could say the same the temperatures just keep dropping. Its getting so cold I would suffer from hypothermia like what you went though. I just can't handle the cold like I use to.

I have mine all tucked away and trickle charging.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I managed to get out riding on Friday the 27th, and Saturday the 28th. Friday it was in the mid 40's, and Saturday it made it up into the low-mid 50's. Not bad for late December here in Indiana. The 4" of rain we got a week or so ago washed all the salt/sand off the roads.

Ended up putting 116 miles on the bike and enjoyed the **** out of it. On Friday I got ALOT of WTF looks from other drivers.:D Saturday it appears alot of riders felt the same way I did, it's now or never for awhile. Quite a few riders out. Now the bikes back in the garage, tank filled back up with stabilized gas, drained the carb bowel and covered back up.:(

Now just waiting for a warm day in January...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me and the wife got out Christmas Day around noon. Quick ride to go find batteries "Santa" forgot to leave. I think the wife just wanted to try out her new modular full face helmet too.

image.jpg

1 - 20 of 54 Posts