Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, has anyone who has pre ordered the street 500 been given a delivery date, I know dealers will have a display bike for the street 500 party on the 21 February, will those people who pre ordered receive their bike before this date or just after, I'm 3rd in line at North Coast Vtwins in Coffs Harbour but haven't been given any info about when to expect it? I'm so anxious to get my bike. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi. Nothing firm from the dealer in Melbourne, status is same as yours. I have been informed delivery can be end of Feb or early March so just waiting 0:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi. Nothing firm from the dealer in Melbourne, status is same as yours. I have been informed delivery can be end of Feb or early March so just waiting 0:)
Same here. My dealer assumes the bikes will arrive with the demo, so hopefully only a couple of weeks away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A few weeks ago I spoke to my dealer here in Brisbane who told me they received an email and were expecting bikes to land on the 17th/18th of Feb and were hopeful the first month shipment would arrive with the display bike for the Street party on the 21st.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know it is frustrating to be waiting for your Streets to be deliver, but I envy your weather and extended season you have for riding. We were touring in Australia and New Zealand for the month of January and loved both countries. Came home to 14+ inches of snow so my Street is in storage for another 6-8 weeks. You will be riding your new bikes long before that. You are going to love 'em.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
great news. My dealer had the display model arrive today so our bikes will not be far away. Ill be checking it out this weekend. Not long now guys.
Display model? Obviously there's a difference between Austrialia and the US because here the dealers sell them as soon as they can and there are no display models, just unsold motorcycles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
great news. My dealer had the display model arrive today so our bikes will not be far away. Ill be checking it out this weekend. Not long now guys.
Who is your dealer? I saw on Perth HD's Instagram account that the bikes/a bike has landed but wondering if you're in Perth or the east coast?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who is your dealer? I saw on Perth HD's Instagram account that the bikes/a bike has landed but wondering if you're in Perth or the east coast?
Hey buddy. Same dealer. Perth HD in Cannington, Perth. I would have thought we would be the last to see them, so hopefully all the dealers are close, if not have them. Cannington have one in the show room, and one ready for a test ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spoke to Gasoline Alley in Brisbane today and they told me they received 4 bikes (3 vivid & 1 denim) this week which have been sent out to their owners. They're expecting the demo/display bike next week for the Street party but not anymore bikes until March. A bit of a bummer but at least I'm 3rd in line now.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
My dealer (Blacktown HD) has given me a delivery date of 24/2/15. I may not be taking it home that day as I will be getting the V&H slip on, screamin eagle chisel air cleaner & black daymaker installed before delivery. Its been a LONG wait since the deposit went down in November 2013 but its finally going to happen.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My dealer (Blacktown HD) has given me a delivery date of 24/2/15. I may not be taking it home that day as I will be getting the V&H slip on, screamin eagle chisel air cleaner & black daymaker installed before delivery. Its been a LONG wait since the deposit went down in November 2013 but its finally going to happen.
Hey mate what is the day maker worth? Wanting to remove the front cover thing, and I am hoping the stock headlight looks ok uncovered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So lucky, congratulations , I put my deposit in April 2013 and I'm still do not have a date of delivery (Fraser Motorcycles Parramatta Rd).
and the Salesman say 'I'm trying to get your bike before the end of the month". like HD was a Restaurant. "Let me take your order and see if i can put it before the rest of orders, ;) "

Like HD headquarters do not have a forecast plan in production. like they do not know when the bikes are coming ... unbelievable!

I hope the test drive tomorrow blows my mind! so I can feel better for the wait

anyway, I just want to whinge a little bit ;)
but seriously congratulations!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, so yesterday at the official launch of the street 500 I asked my dealers at North Coast Vtwins Coffs Harbour when I would actually be receiving my bike, his reply was see that bike under the cover we are about to reveal, that's yours. The covers came off and my dealer started telling the crowd by microphone all about it, at the end he said "any questions" so I put my hand up and said, "can I have it" the crowd laughed and he replied, " yeh, that's yours Mick". They are putting a different muffler and air filter on it this week, one with a bit more sound, I pick it up this Saturday coming or the following Monday, can't wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have ordered almost the exact same additions to my 500 and from Blacktown HD. At the street party on Saturday I was told they are getting a shipment on the 26th, so plus a few days for instillation should be by the weekend following. I have seen some great mods on this forum, cannot wait to get started!
Scott.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts