Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome picture! How's the rally? Seeing any XG's out there?
Rally was fun. Good rides. Iron Mountain ride is always good and Vanocker Canyon out of Sturgis is almost like Rocky Mountain Canyons. Only saw a couple other XG750's, both while riding and so didn't get a chance to talk with either rider. Had to leave before the flat track races with XG750R in it, but looks like it had a short race.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, that's a Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing, You win the Good Eyes Award

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that a bat wing faring on a Street 750?
I got it installed 2 days ago at Memphis Shades truck at J and P Cycles at Sturgis rally. Got free installation, which was good since it takes a front signal relocation kit that involved lifting the fuel tank to connect to the turn signal plugs. Needs longer wires to reach down below the fairing mounts. Installation was not very quick as installer/salesperson kept getting interrupted and clearly he has not installed many (maybe one other) batwings on our bikes.
http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18690&thumb=1
http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18698&thumb=1

http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18706&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just noticed for air intake, how do you like it? Also, think you'll eventually paint the fairing to match the red or will you leave it black?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mmm, forward controls. Those cost a pretty penny. How do you like them?
I know the stock fairing on these bikes isn't color matched, but do you have any plans to color match the memphis one?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just noticed for air intake, how do you like it? Also, think you'll eventually paint the fairing to match the red or will you leave it black?
Mmm, forward controls. Those cost a pretty penny. How do you like them?
I know the stock fairing on these bikes isn't color matched, but do you have any plans to color match the memphis one?
A: The K&N air intake? I love it. Improved engine sound and definitely power. Not sure I would have wanted to pay MSRP, but I got a lower introductory price on it and that was more reasonable. Needed to change because the stock intake pushed my knee too far laterally with forward controls.
B: Forward Controls? I love them. Luckily got them last winter at slightly lower cost from Thailand supplier. $470 including shipping. I see the price has gone up $50 since then and the cost for the 2016 kit with the more complex rear brake setup is much more expensive. They certainly help my knees as I am 6 foot tall. The pivot for the brake lever is the low point on the bike now, as I have found out on some very sharp right hand turns. That is with 1 inch lower (12 inch) shocks.
C: To paint or not to paint? This question is up in the air at this time. Just haven't had it long enough to decide that. I am likely to keep it black unless I went full bagger and somehow put painted hard cases on the back. I think if there were more Mysterious Sunglo Red in the back of the bike to balance the batwing then it would look ok.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I got it installed 2 days ago at Memphis Shades truck at J and P Cycles at Sturgis rally. Got free installation, which was good since it takes a front signal relocation kit that involved lifting the fuel tank to connect to the turn signal plugs. Needs longer wires to reach down below the fairing mounts. Installation was not very quick as installer/salesperson kept getting interrupted and clearly he has not installed many (maybe one other) batwings on our bikes.
http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18690&thumb=1
http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18698&thumb=1

http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18706&thumb=1
Oh please tell me and the rest of us more. How does the bike handle with that wing? Do you have a catalog number for that batwing from Memphis shades? Are you satisfied with the way it works on the bike? :nerd:

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I like the fairing. and Part Numbers

Oh please tell me and the rest of us more. How does the bike handle with that wing? Do you have a catalog number for that batwing from Memphis shades? Are you satisfied with the way it works on the bike? :nerd:
Sorry to be so slow in answering, but wanted some time to really get the feel for the batwing. Also adjusted the handlebar a couple of times.
I have the reduced reach handlebar and so my grips are just at the top of the wing and so lowered them for a few rides, but quickly put them back up. When I lowered the grips, I really hurt my vision in my mirrors. And even with the grip at the top of the wing, there is reduced wind on my hands.

Handling does not seem to be hurt. I think its a little better handling than with the HD flat windshield, but its hard to say I was exactly duplicating wind conditions. The HD windshield seems worse into a headwind. I definitely get less buffeting of my head with the batwing. The HD windshield basically prevents so much pounding on my chest, but at 6 foot tall my head still takes a pounding at higher speeds.

In the comments below MS-XXXX means Memphis Shades Part Number and JP-XXXX means J and P cycles catalog number.

Part Numbers are Batwing Fairing MS- 2330-0075 JP- 752-332. Same batwing as used on sportsters. J and P website says its not for XG models, but it is. $299.99
Mount Kit Black MS 2320-0077 JP - 750-161. There is a chrome kit as well. $149.95
Turn Signal Relocation Kit MS - 202-1190 JP - J&P Part: 804-112 $19.99 The cheapest part but the one with the most work, since you have to get to a connector which is under the gas tank.
Then the windshield of your choice $85 to $100. Mine is tallest spoiler windshield which has a forward flip to the top of it for a better air flow.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Last evening when I was leaving the Milwaukee Harley Davidson store (Milwaukee Rally). Parked close by my motorcycle was this one with a bat wing installed. So after looking at the bike for a few minutes and dodging other bikes coming into the parking lot, I decided to snap a couple pics before I rode home. I don't know if this bike's owner is a part of this forum but I like what he has done.

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
No way to know for sure, but I can tell you that Memphis Shades makes a Batwing fairing that fits the Street.

At the very bottom of this page you'll see which part #'s for the various pieces you'd need, and also that you need to get a "relocation kit" (probably for the turn signals).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts