Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced mine with similar, longer stemmed mirrors with an added nut for a little extra length. Work so much better!

·
Registered
17 Posts
One of the first things that I did was change out my mirrors and I put mirror extenders on at the same time too

·
Registered
86 Posts
HD long stem mirrors on my 500. part number right side 91909-03B left side 91910-03B.
39.99 each. I roll my bike in the front door so bar end mirrors wont work for me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Clavinavi and Botty have probably stated the two best solutions for the Streets. I think Gaijin even used both in order to get the mirrors moved out more than either solution alone.

The Streets can use the bar end mirrors from the Street Rod by cutting the ends of the grips. My understanding is that the H-D bar end mirrors don't fit the H-D drag bar.

I tried some Drag Specialties mirror extensions that raised the mirrors about an inch and a half, but that just gave me a view of my shoulder instead of my elbow. The mirrors need to be moved out towards or beyond the bar ends. Using the H-D long stemmed mirrors I still get a pretty good look at my shoulders, but I can dip just a little bit to look behind me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The original mirrors are a safety hazard. HD is not caring to address this matter. The mirror extenders look ugly in my opinion but at least I can see over my shoulders.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The original mirrors are a safety hazard. HD is not caring to address this matter.
The fact that H-D understands the hazard posed by the stock mirrors is evident by virtue of them making the long stem mirrors. Not making the long stem mirrors the default is a giant middle finger to those of us who bought their bikes. Again I find myself saying that this line of bikes could have sold much better if H-D could just be bothered to give them any bit of support.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I seem to recall another thread in which the poster talked about using the Tribal mirrors from H-D. Some oval or tear drop shaped mirrors will have wider heads than the stock mirrors, and the extra width may all be outboard from where the post mounts into the mirror. That effectively moves the mirror out, or at least the out edge which is what matters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts