Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a lot a of people complaining about the mirrors of the HD Street. Went and checked out what was available in the internet but could not find one that was appropriate. So I decided to make them myself.
Attached some pictures for others who will want to do it themselves as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
Seen a lot a of people complaining about the mirrors of the HD Street. Went and checked out what was available in the internet but could not find one that was appropriate. So I decided to make them myself.
good job, much better than I did...kudos!
anyway I can keep my money from Harley the better!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree, I like the way it looks better than the Harley offered extenders. Nice job!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
647 Posts
Not bad at all! I may have to try that myself over the winter. I'm guessing that actually moves the mirrors out about as far as the 2" the Krator extensions give you.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had Krators on my Street, and I swear by 'em, they made all the difference. On my new bike it had the exact same mirror issue; I immediately traded out the stock mirrors for the same long-stem tapered mirrors I had on the Street, but even then, it's not enough and I found that I needed Krator-style mirror extenders.

I looked on Amazon, they're going for about $38 now. But Google Shopping brought up an alternative, some site called "banggood.com" that offered what looks like exactly the same product, for the absurdly low price of $11.49, and that included shipping!

I just received the package today; will install tomorrow. Looks to me to be basically the exact same thing as the Krators.

For anyone going this way (Krator or banggood or whatever), I'd recommend swapping out the flat washers that come in the kit, for lockwashers like the genuine Harley kit has. Lockwashers make a big difference; with the flat washers I'd find that my mirrors would loosen up, but the lockwashers fixed that.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I went with the H-D extended mirrors which look just like the original ones, just with longer arms. A quick look at the bike and you do not notice them at first.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I managed to find the Harley extensions on ebay for $12.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Went to HD and they could only offer bar end mirrors plus replacement grips to accommodate at about R5500-00. Nuts
I bought these at the dealership after reading this on and old thread. They work just fine for me since 2015.

"The stock mirrors really suck. I solved the problem with HD "LONG STEM BLACK" mirrors.

Part(s) # 91910-03B & 91909-03B

They look like the stock ones but they WORK! They bolt right on and only cost about $35.00 each. Sorry-no pictures but in this case they are not needed."

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
647 Posts
The stock mirrors really suck. I solved the problem with HD "LONG STEM BLACK" mirrors.

They look like the stock ones but they WORK!
I went with those and really like them. They move the mirrors out a couple of inches but not up. I had them mounted on the Drag Specialties 2" mirror extensions which go straight up, but didn't like the look and they didn't hold up under use.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I got the long stem mirrors, and they're "better", but still weren't enough. But adding the Krator mirror extensions to them resulted in mirror perfection.

When I traded in my Street for a new Softail, I kept the long stem mirrors. Got the new bike, and noticed it had the exact same mirror problem -- comes with the same stubby mirrors the Street did (so you folks know, it's not just the Street getting stuck with the horribly unsuitable mirrors!) Put the long stems on, and found that I *still* need mirror extenders to really get suitable view.

My vote is long-stem mirrors plus mirror extenders. It's so much better it's not even funny.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought these at the dealership after reading this on and old thread. They work just fine for me since 2015.

"The stock mirrors really suck. I solved the problem with HD "LONG STEM BLACK" mirrors.

They look like the stock ones but they WORK! They bolt right on and only cost about $35.00 each. Sorry-no pictures but in this case they are not needed."
Many thanks, will try again at HD.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts