Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so far I have relocated the horn, cinched up the front brake line closer to the front fork, painted the Harley emblems, added mirror extensions, installed the Buchshot heat shields, added the edge-cut muffler end cap and put a small Bell diddy-bag at the back of my seat. I still have that digital Tach yet to arrive but basically I think I'm done (for now).
Harley updated 011.JPG

Harley updated 019.JPG

Harley updated 004.JPG

Harley updated 010.JPG

Harley updated 018.JPG

Harley updated 021.JPG

Harley updated 015.JPG

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very nice Dawg. im going with those pipe guards also. Think they look great. man that orange really pops on there looks amazing.
Im ordering the mirror extenders and a few other parts in the moring.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ok, so far I have relocated the horn, cinched up the front brake line closer to the front fork, painted the Harley emblems, added mirror extensions, installed the Buchshot heat shields, added the edge-cut muffler end cap and put a small Bell diddy-bag at the back of my seat. I still have that digital Tach yet to arrive but basically I think I'm done (for now).
Dam you move fast for an Old Dawg ;):D Looking clean, really like the painted accents, so subtle yet such an impact it makes overall!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OldDawg:
Where did you get the paint?
Got the paint at Walmart. It was a can of Krylon Super Bond Outdoor. I just sprayed some in a pill bottle and used a very fine brush. Kinda tedious work but you can do it if I can. I used a toothpick to clean around the edges as I screwed up.
Thanks for the compliments guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
mirror

Hey, OldDawg:
Your additional hardware to the mirror extenders looks the best to me. Do you mind telling what length hex head bolt, nut? and washers you used?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, OldDawg:
Your additional hardware to the mirror extenders looks the best to me. Do you mind telling what length hex head bolt, nut? and washers you used?
I didn't buy any nuts and the washer were just a little smaller than the diameter of the threaded bolt so I drilled it out. The washer that actually fit the bolt was larger in circumference and I didn't like the way it looked. The bolt was 1 1/4 inches long overall. The actual threaded part was 1 inch. I drove my bike to the Ace store and took the mirrors and did that mod in the parking lot. That way I didn't have to run back and forth and could pick exactly what I needed and what looked best.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
View attachment 3298

View attachment 3306

View attachment 3314

View attachment 3322

View attachment 3330

View attachment 3338

View attachment 3346
The small changes make a big difference. Goo call on the painted emblems it really adds a nice contrast.

·
Registered
120 Posts
@Spock001 It looks like everyone is doing the mod just a little bit differently. I used a chromed button head 5/16-24 1" bolt. I also purchased two chrome locking washers. I used one just under the mirror and one on top of the acorn nut. It is all a matter of personal preference.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a noob question for you? Does cinching up the brake line to the front fork have any adverse effects?
I have had it cinched up from the first week I bought my 750 and it hasn't had any adverse effects on my machine nor has it stressed the line. It is probably a stress relief for that line. It looks a lot better than just hanging there like a loose piece of rope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts