Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled in to the gas station to fill up. Put the bike on the center stand so that I could tighten up and adjust a mirror that had come loose. Filled up ... it took less than I expected. And at the end of that tank, the warning light came on about 20 miles earlier than usual.

Looks like when on the center stand, you lose the ability to add about a half gallon of gas. I generally fill up when the light comes on, so I usually end up putting in about 2.8 gallons. When on the side stand, you can fill it up all the way, but when on the center stand you can only add about 2.4 gallons before the tank looks full.

This is probably common knowledge and you're all going "duh" at me right now, but I didn't know, so -- if anyone else doesn't know, the lesson learned is to fill up when the bike is leaning on its kickstand rather than when it's up on the center stand...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Could also be if the Islands are Level. Or at a Slant. I go to this one Exxon station. And have to pull up, Facing the building. If you pulled in with the building behind you, The bike will be facing downhill on the Sidestand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts