Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you guys prefer? As an average/taller rider (6ft) which would be more comfortable? Just bought some bar end mirrors, but can't decide on which handlebar style I want to go with. Also, how much modification is needed on the stock cables with each?

Just did my 1k service (at 1300 miles, whoops) and came back with a clean bill of health. I've got a lot of accessories I'm beginning to install now that I was waiting on, excited to finally change up the stock look some!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm 6'2" and just put drag bars on mine. They allow you to lean forward a little more and keep your arms straight. Didn't require and adjustments to the cables besides pushing them behind the cowl to hide them. I think clubman's would be to low with the stock seat and would be uncomfortable.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
the way i ride my 750, i find myself hunched over more often than not, so seems to me drag bars would make more sense than pullback/reach handlebars. feels too hard to just lean back because of the height of the foot pegs with the stock seat

·
Registered
104 Posts
Definitely worth the investment. I feel more stable on the bike since my arms are extended rather than bent

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a clubmen bar that I purchased and did not use. If someone wants them I will let them go for free if you pay to ship them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you change the brake and clutch levers? Do you mind sharing what brand they are?
Levers are stock. Grips are the diamond black grips from Harley. I've been trying to find an extra set of stock levers to make custom shorty levers but can't seem to find just the levers for sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am 6ft as well and opted for the drag bars. Like others have said, you just need to drill holes for the controls. I think the drag bars make for a much more comfortable riding position
Hey man, how easy was it to drill in the bars? I bought the official harley drag bars and there's just a tiny hole in each side, do you need a lot of space to thread wires through? total newbs here btw haha:(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hairder Anjum, the tiny holes don't need to be drilled anymore than they are. I just put drag bars on mine 2 weeks ago. Your controls on both sides of the handlebar have a small knob on the inside of them that will fit right in place in the pre drilled hole on your handlebars. They are basically a "place holder" for your controls so they don't slide around on your handlebars. No wires are threaded through the handlebars, everything is on the outside of the bars. It is very easy to swap bars by yourself. I have little mechanical experience and it was a breeze for me. Took me a total of 30 minutes to do. Just take all of the bolts/screws out and then pull the grips off on both sides, then take the 4 bolts in the middle out that hold the bars in place and swap everything over to your drag bars and put everything back where it was. Just pay attention to how everything was originally and replicate that when you mount your new bars. Easy shmeezy lemon squeazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts