Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nothing for compensation so far. The bad part is there are a few guys at the plant where I work that ride asian bikes and they have been ragging me. Wheres that hd at? It sucks. Now is the best riding of the year its starting to cool off a little and I want to ride. I got other bikes but historically speaking I will end up pushing, and I don't trust them for longer that 20 miles or so from home.I let HD's custom care what I thought. I understand they can't fix it in 10 minutes but a month is way too long.
thagorilla

·
Registered
47 Posts
A month! In what bizarro world can they stand behind that? I have been seeing facebook posts from my dealer showing all the wonderful things they are checking out at the big Harley show they are at. I keep itching to comment on it and say "Hey yell out how about having replacement parts in stock so that we can service our customers!!"

I agree on missing out on some of the best weather for riding. I'm only going on two weeks with out my ride...I can't imagine what my temper would be like at a month.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
While out on the road today I was sitting on the curb. Talking to a Vietnam Vet. And thought I saw Cob Webs on my Rear Sprocket. Upon closer examination, I saw Threads hanging on the inside edge of the belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tucsonmax1, looks like your photo belt same like mine which was washing my belt with water the other day, the teeth sprocket is wider than the belt, does anyone uses the same size or its not gonna happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got an m o t advisory on my 750 street drive belt tight inplaces and loose in others.put it in for service and they tell me that they can’t understand it never experience it before,they contacted the dealer ship and they don’t know. Any one know what to do, apart from the cost of a new belt and labourer

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
223 Posts
That's a detailed inspection. In Texas, you drive up, the inspector asks for you to blow horn, looks down at tires, looks at tail and brake light, and you pass. Asked once about brake test, he said since I didn't hit the building coming in then obviously they are good. Don't have an answer to your issue and hopefully someone will. It does surprise me that the belt is bad, they normally last 100k miles plus unless it's damaged some how.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts