Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hoping for some advice. I'm selling my Sportster SuperLow since I'm extremely pleased with my Street 750. The one thing I'll miss is having a driver backrest so that's a must have for me. I'm thinking about getting the Mustang touring seat with driver backrest but wow, that thing is over $500. The tallboy seat seems like it would be comfortable and would adjust my seating position for additional comfort but just doesn't have a driver backrest option.
Has anyone heard or come across any other driver backrest options that wouldn't cost over $500? If that's the only option, I still may buy it but seems way overpriced. Or do you have that Mustang seat that you could provide some feedback on? Maybe it's worth the price.

Thanks in advance for information you can provide!

·
Registered
53 Posts
A company in India is making adjustable back rests, not sure if they are shipping outside of India yet.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Hi all,

Hoping for some advice. I'm selling my Sportster SuperLow since I'm extremely pleased with my Street 750. The one thing I'll miss is having a driver backrest so that's a must have for me. I'm thinking about getting the Mustang touring seat with driver backrest but wow, that thing is over $500. The tallboy seat seems like it would be comfortable and would adjust my seating position for additional comfort but just doesn't have a driver backrest option.
Has anyone heard or come across any other driver backrest options that wouldn't cost over $500? If that's the only option, I still may buy it but seems way overpriced. Or do you have that Mustang seat that you could provide some feedback on? Maybe it's worth the price.

Thanks in advance for information you can provide!
I have the mustang seat and I love it but I did not pay for it, I won it so I cant say if I would have paid the money or not but I am very please with it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Slugger and Beauty! I hope more options become available and would certainly be great to win one! I bet it's nice and will have to give it some more thought. I think it needs to be in the $400-$450 range for me to make the purchase though so maybe the price will go down sometime.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after several hundred more miles on the bike and with using my sissy bar backpack as my backrest, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Mustang seat with driver backrest. It was hard to click submit on that order since it cost so much but I hope it's worth it! I'm planning a long weekend trip and want to be as comfortable as possible and believe this touring seat with back support will do the trick.
I also ordered the Go Cruise universal throttle lock from Amazon to give my right hand a few second break from time to time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Hi, Do share the foto of your mustang seat, i hav recently acquired a street 750 and looking for a comfortable seat with back rest

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, after several hundred more miles on the bike and with using my sissy bar backpack as my backrest, I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Mustang seat with driver backrest. It was hard to click submit on that order since it cost so much but I hope it's worth it! I'm planning a long weekend trip and want to be as comfortable as possible and believe this touring seat with back support will do the trick.
I also ordered the Go Cruise universal throttle lock from Amazon to give my right hand a few second break from time to time.
HI Harley ,

Please share the pics of your new seating arrangement.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a few pics of my setup with the Mustang seat with driver backrest. It's definitely a costly seat but well worth it. It's so comfortable and even provided a better sitting position than the old seats I've tried. Yeah, this was my third seat and comfort is extremely important for me so I was going to keep at it until I had the perfect setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here's a few pics of my setup with the Mustang seat with driver backrest. It's definitely a costly seat but well worth it. It's so comfortable and even provided a better sitting position than the old seats I've tried. Yeah, this was my third seat and comfort is extremely important for me so I was going to keep at it until I had the perfect setup.

wowwwie the is a nice looking bike, i love what you have done with it,
im putting my back rest on tonight for the passenger with the luggage rack,
just need to order my saddle bags and im set,
i put some live to ride, ride to live chrome mirrors on mine along with a screaming eagle exhaust,

love this forum, ive got a lot of inspiration from what people have done to their bikes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Driver backrest

Hi,

I ordered the following Harley parts and it worked well for me serving two purposes ie backrest and day bag.
1. Premier tail bag: 93300069A
2. Premier rider backrest pad: 93300010
Attached snap.

HTH
Ganesh

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

I ordered the following Harley parts and it worked well for me serving two purposes ie backrest and day bag.
1. Premier tail bag: 93300069A
2. Premier rider backrest pad: 93300010
Attached snap.

HTH
Ganesh
Wht r all those accessories on ut tank and handlebar....can u share few pics....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Attached snap of the handle bar mounts.
- RAM Phone holder
- Hazard blinker switch
- 12V usb and lighter port
- on/off switch for fog lamp.
- on/off and brightness control knob for clear water lights
- Mirror extender

HTH
Regards,
Ganesh
Wow your Street has become a full on long distance tourer. Can you tell me what are the clear water lights?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Vicks, Mine is a 2014 model 750 (1st batch). I connected one end of the switch to front left indicator(blue wire) and the other end of the switch to front right indicator (black wire) & it works perfectly fine....ie move to indicator to either left or right and then press the hazard switch for both the lights to blink.
The original instruction was to connect the switch to blue wire of left and right indicator and it didn't work as expected. Basically one of the four combinations trail and error before I could get it to work.
HTH
Ganesh

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi harleywv

Nice bike!

Please provide the link to buy the seat with both backrests and the mounting system

Thx
I purchased the Mustang seat from Revzilla. Just be sure to select "with driver backrest" since the one without the backrest is quite a bit cheaper. Trust me, the extra money is worth it for the driver backrest!

Mustang Touring Seat For Harley Street 2015- 2016 - RevZilla

The passenger backrest is just the standard Harley luggage rack with backrest option so isn't part of the Mustang seat itself. I forget where I purchased from but definitely didn't get it directly from Harley since there are a few Harley resellers in which you can get better deals online.

Side note: The driver backrest on the Mustang seat is easily removable so when you do have a passenger, just remove the driver backrest, if desired, and your passenger becomes your backrest.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have a 750 in storage (Minnesota) & don't have access till spring. One option I had installed was the sissy bar & luggage rack. I was thinking about a Mustang seat like yours. How does it install with sissybar & pad? The passenger pillion looks quite a bit higher than the one on the stock seat. Also would it interfere with a sissybar case?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Corky,

Did you ever get a reply to this? I have ordered the sissy bar, rack and backrest and was thinking about sourcing a Mustang seat. Lots of cash if they don't work together!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts