Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pretty sure that is power to the crank when it says BHP if it was to the wheel it would say WHP

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called the Shop and asked. He said Wheel HP. I don't know How you can measure at the engine with it still connected to the drivetrain?? It only took a few minutes. Mine was the First for the night!!! They were having a Bike Night. Same day as my Birthday so I went. Had no plans other than that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting. That's a really good increase then. There are different kinds of dynos, some measure to the wheel others measure crank.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It only took a few minutes. I didn't see anything hooked to the engine. Only had a left side view through a window.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If they ran it on a typical dyno where your rear wheel turns the wheels on the dyno and nothing was hooked up to your bike besides strap downs then what they told you is wheel horsepower.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just read today, The Scout 60 makes 78 HP and 65 Ft Lb Trq(Stock). If those numbers I was given is True, I am coming close to a Scout 60. Using only a 46. If I could get that 800cc rebore kit?? Mine could probably match it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fire Brand Grand Prix muffler
V&H VO2 Intake
Aceel Coil
Sumax 8mm wires
NGK Iridium plugs
V&H FP3

Also have the Daymaker LED headlamp. Which draws about 1/2 the power of the stock bulb. Less load on the Generator
Congrats, Tucson! Really nice numbers! You make me want to upgrade from xg500 to 750. I jealous :)

Got my V&H Comp Series Slip-On installed and happy with it. I have to get my K&N Air Intake installed and then FP3 tune. Do you think your other mods would benefit me much on a 500cc? - the Aceel Coil, 8mm wires and NGK Iridium plugs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fire Brand Grand Prix muffler
V&H VO2 Intake
Aceel Coil
Sumax 8mm wires
NGK Iridium plugs
V&H FP3

Also have the Daymaker LED headlamp. Which draws about 1/2 the power of the stock bulb. Less load on the Generator
Hi Tucsonmax1,
The Aceel Coil you'd installed on your street plug and play? any mods to connector or wires?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts