Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post but I just had my first issue with my 883 and needed some ideas.

I was driving it down the road and everything just shut off completely as I coasted. I was actually around the corner from a friends so I pushed it there. The battery was hooked up but when I turned the key nothing would come on. However, when my friend came to pick me up about 20 minutes later, I turned the key and it all came back on. Now Idk if this has anything to do with it but I changed the internally wired apes I had and downgraded 2 inches to another set of internally wired apes. That could have nothing to do with it but thought was worth mentioning.

Does anyone have any idea what that could possibly be?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Did the headlight still come on when it stopped?

Turn signals work after it stopped?

Break lights?

Gauges light up?

Horn work?

Could be a gazillion things, need to get more information on what was still powered and what was dead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check your ground cable on the battery and to the frame as well as the main power cable, make sure something isn't lose. Also, not sure how you connected your new bars, if you went with the standard Harley connectors or something aftermarket, but you might have a gremlin in the wiring harness.

That's assuming you had zero, ziltch, nada happen when you turned the key. If you had some indication of power, I would re-check the wiring harness. See if you can make it happen again by turning your bars all the way to the left and then see if everything works, and then the same turning to the right. Only reason I suggest this is because there is a gremlin in my wiring job on my fatboy, and sometimes I have to jiggle the harness to get power to the switches. I have new controls and wires, just haven't gotten around to re-wiring my bars.

Let us know how you make out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts