Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's been raining a ton. i thought it might be the monsoon that caused the engine light to pop on and now stay on once i'm riding, since it's outside.

i've had weird stuff happen like a neutral light that wouldn't come on when i needed it. i just had the clutch cable replaced again.

any idea of what it could be? possibly the electronics from the rain? my back wheel is still making annoying water-soaked noises.

·
Registered
14 Posts
it's been raining a ton. i thought it might be the monsoon that caused the engine light to pop on and now stay on once i'm riding, since it's outside.

i've had weird stuff happen like a neutral light that wouldn't come on when i needed it. i just had the clutch cable replaced again.

any idea of what it could be? possibly the electronics from the rain? my back wheel is still making annoying water-soaked noises.
FWIW, my neutral light wouldn't work once the engine was running (though I could shift into neutral just fine), then the check engine light came on and stayed on during a single 18 mile ride...turned out to be a bad speed sensor that was replaced under warranty. I was doubtful that a speed sensor could be responsible for the problem with the neutral light, but sho'nuff, all is operating properly now!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If its under Warranty, Take it to the Dealer. If Not, Find a Shop with a Scan Tool or FP3 that can be plugged in to the Diagnostic Connector. Hard to Diagnose without the Code(Reason Light is on).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts