Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the question asked a few times; because the Street doesn't have a tachometer, folks have asked what kind of RPM is the engine turning at various highway speeds...

Had a decently long trip today, mostly 65-85 mph, so I took the opportunity to figure it out using the tachometer on the Fuelpak FP3.

Basically, in top gear, a Street 750 is getting 15 mph for every 1,000 RPM.

That means 45 MPH = 3,000 RPM. 60 MPH = 4,000 RPM. 75 MPH = 5,000 RPM. 90 MPH = 6,000 RPM.

And each 5 mph takes about 350 RPM. So 45 MPH = 3,000 RPM, 50 MPH = about 3350, 55 MPH = about 3700, 60 MPH = 4,000.

Hope that helps anyone who was curious.

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
My 2017 has a tach, must be a new feature with this model year. You just press the button to cycle through (trip a, trip b, clock, etc.) to get to it.
I believe you are correct that is a new feature in 2017. My 2016 XG750 only has odometer, trip A, and trip B. No clock and no tach.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 2017 has a clock too. I kind of wish the clock displayed all the time though. Actually, I wish I was able to see the odometer, trip odometer, tach and gear indicator all at the same time. The tach and gear indicator do show at the same time at least.

I was looking for some type of digital replacement but haven't found anything yet.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah,i wish the clock displayed all the time. I leave mine on gear rpm. I mounted my cell phone and I run an app that tracks my speed by GPS and it shows the battery level, if it is charging and clock.

Works great but I would prefer to have the clock on too. First world problems.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts