Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I’m looking for a Ninja 300 ABS with under 6k miles for my wife. Something that sat around on a garage for a few years. Under $3k retail. And I’ll find it. I’d hate to be the one that bought it new off the lot and took a bath on the trade or selling it back.

I’ve noticed nearly all motorcycles take an enormous drop in value as soon as they leave the lot.

When I buy a vehicle I stomp it into the ground ?

Keep in mind I knew what I was doing and why . But my2017 RGU with Hannigan twin Classic sidecar NO short cut no expense spared reverse gears with all the parts labor shipping has $47,000 in it right now and I have a few more things I will do. It would never bring that with out a rare buyer that wants one. I would never sell it. Long as a person knows what they want and has no dreams of it being worth a lot more then build your dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well i did a thing today, they cut me a very good deal on my street so now im riding on an 05 softail deuce. I guess that ends that idea for me any way haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I dont think the tensioners have been done yet, its on my to do list for the future haha. I got the bike with 4700 miles on it so even the junk stock ones should hold out for awhile yet

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did the 500 to 750 swap on my bike this spring. Pretty easy, was surprised to find the FP3 cannot tune the 500 computer enough to run the 750 engine (even though the FP3 CAN tune the 883 computer to run a 1200 engine!!), I had to buy a used 750 ECM off eBay. The nice thing was V&H gave me a free replacement tuner, which was more than generous of them. Once I gave them the receipt for the new ECM. I think it did the whole swap for well under a grand, but I got a steal of a deal on the new engine.
Anyways, the video series is here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA6tpyATV5oln2byPfQi1uHqFDEp0KPZH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been shopping the idea around for awhile now to try and figure out how to get more power out of my 500 and the 2 ideas that are leading the way are either attempting to swap in a 750 motor which i would need to find out what i would need parts wise to do the conversion or finding out from the vendor who makes the big bore kits what all would need to be done to make the 800 kit fit my motor. From what i understand, from the case down the motors are the same but i haven't called anyone to try and hunt further info yet i figured id check with you guys first and see if anyone else has looked into either option before who could possibly help with a little guidance. My biggest question on the engine swap is would my current ecm work for the new motor with just a Vance and hines fp3 or would i need a power commander to reflash it instead? Or are they a different ecm altogether. Are there any other major parts that dont directly swap over? I think someone had said before that the 750 has a larger throttle body but thats as far as i got into researching the idea before. Also before telling me to just trade it in for a 750 instead, i think i can manage the engine swap for less than 2 grand, i highly doubt i can get into a 750 for less than 2 grand haha
Ive been shopping the idea around for awhile now to try and figure out how to get more power out of my 500 and the 2 ideas that are leading the way are either attempting to swap in a 750 motor which i would need to find out what i would need parts wise to do the conversion or finding out from the vendor who makes the big bore kits what all would need to be done to make the 800 kit fit my motor. From what i understand, from the case down the motors are the same but i haven't called anyone to try and hunt further info yet i figured id check with you guys first and see if anyone else has looked into either option before who could possibly help with a little guidance. My biggest question on the engine swap is would my current ecm work for the new motor with just a Vance and hines fp3 or would i need a power commander to reflash it instead? Or are they a different ecm altogether. Are there any other major parts that dont directly swap over? I think someone had said before that the 750 has a larger throttle body but thats as far as i got into researching the idea before. Also before telling me to just trade it in for a 750 instead, i think i can manage the engine swap for less than 2 grand, i highly doubt i can get into a 750 for less than 2 grand haha
Look up hardley Davidson fab on Facebook i do turbos for street 500 's I've doubled the power so far and going bigger soon

21 - 28 of 28 Posts