Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, just purchased the 750 a few weeks ago, and loving it so far (except for trying to find neutral when I'm stopped, and constantly checking if I've reached the sixth gear).
I live in an apartment complex with no access to a garage or shop and don't have any tools. So before I go crazy building a tool box for 'parking lot' mods etc. what are a few of the essential tools that I would need to have handy?
First order of business is to swap out the mirrors for the long stems. Then add the pig tail for the battery tender ... and USB and/or lighter port.
Also I have on order a slip on exhaust from Two Brothers. I'm thinking perhaps a small adjustable monkey wrench, a small socket set and couple screw drivers: phillips head and flat.
It is a pleasure following the threads on this forum, and hearing everyones tails.
My first mod so far has been to add the windshield from National Cycle ( Deflector Screen #N2585-01 ).

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would say a set of metric combination wrenches, allen wrenches, and a 6 in 1 screw driver. That should get you by for the most part. If you get into changing tires or other stuff you will need some sockets and an impact. If you are going to be adding that USB port, I would have a decent meter on hand.

·
Registered
172 Posts
As a tech with HD. Sounds right for tools, I have the extensions I am actually thinking of handlebar grip end mirrors as I am tall and wide, note the bars are 7/8", dime city cycles have some nice ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts