Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the TAB Performance exhaust slipons on my 2017 750. Bike sounds good, but noticed it pops on deceleration or downshifts. Is this natural, do I need to have it retuned, add a fuel pack or do nothing. Have been trying to find answers in current forum posts but there seems to be many different opinions. Can anyone provide me with a simple straightforward answer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Deceleration is a tricky thing in most case minor popping is nothing. Not sure why anyone would say V&H FP3 there are low cost options and better ones. for tuning and they may not get rid of it. Even in well tuned engines you some times have minor deceleration popping. It is even there some times with stock pipes you just do notice it.
First make darn sure you have no air leaks in the connections.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Care to list some of those better and lower cost options? I think tuners are in my and a lot of rider's futures and we could use some pointers.
Dealer download for stage 1.
Power vision will cost a bit more but does far more and does it better than the V&H FP 3
Just two routes of many.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've got the Tab performance slip on on my Street Rod, where it gave a lot of popping and banging and some serious backfires on decel. I've just fitted the V&H FP3 and it has stopped around 95% of it, just running autotune at the moment to see how it ends up. But, yes for me FP3 was the way to go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When I installed my FireBrand Loose Cannon & FP3 I had a lot of decel popping, more than I care to have. I remember a post about eliminating popping with a setting in the FP3, but couldn't find the post so I called V&H & they told me how to find the setting. They said to activate the lite setting first, & if that didn't do the trick go to the extreme setting. The lite setting worked and eliminated the majority of the popping.

·
Registered
49 Posts
FP3 is your best choice, it friendly user plug and play. Downloaded map for your application and selecting pop level (back fired) run a few tank and you are set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts