Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
@ jjwright,

RE: Exhaust from Two Brothers?

Glad you asked. I ordered a V&H from my HD dealer that didn't arrive after a couple of weeks. They (the dealer) suggested that I try the TBR. Man am I glad that they did. If you want the deepest sound* that I've heard this is probably the one. I couldn't be happier. One thing, however, if you are looking for a "SHORTY" this is not the one. It's probably the longest of them all, thus the deep sound. Here's another thing. I've read that after market slip-on pipes such as this (i.e. TBR & V&H) will invalidate the warranty. Well, my dealer not only sells them but also installs them on their new show room models, for sale, and assures me that it's not the case, at least with them. Good luck, my friend, they are all better than that anemic POS that comes stock!

*Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i7zvnBldeQ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feed back. The Remus, Vance and Hines and a few others - judging by their videos, don't seem to have that rich deep rumble I'm looking for.
Yes, I've seen the video and I liked the sound, that's what prompted me to post the question. Are they 'real' loud? Don't want to break the law and/or piss off my neighbors. I want that margin of safety to be heard in traffic, the stock is just too quiet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I was to get the TBR, do I need to take it to the dealer to get it tuned?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Slip-on, no.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just installed mine on Friday and I think Harley should put these on a few show room models. The sound difference it is like a whole new bike. Makes it hard for people to say it sounds like crap. I was constantly asked if I loved my bike and I always replied with not yet it has a dirt bike feel and sound with my full face helmet covering my ears. Now I can say I love my bike and enjoy the power and noise it gives.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@jjwright,

Have you noticed the, at least, somewhat improved performance? As I've said before, my dealer installs these, along with V&H, on new showroom bikes. I like the fact that we have so many great, affordable choices of improved exhaust.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My TBR shipped in since we were talking about it earlier this month. Sitting in the box in my garage. If only I could get my bike back now from the dealership to put it on :). Its in for the lag n leap. Cant wait to get it back and install the TBR...glad to hear everyone is liking it so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@jjwright,

Have you noticed the, at least, somewhat improved performance?
It does seem to have a bit more 'humpth' to it, but perhaps because of the improved rumble and sound, there is the perception of more power.
I'm no expert by no means, just a casual rider, so I really can't comment on the technical aspects of a performance improvement. I just wanted to be heard to the unattentive drivers around me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am not a fan of aftermarket exhausts I generally like the quite ones. However I watched/ listened to the video sound track of the TBR exhaust on their site and thought this is one I could live with. So far I think it is the best sounding pipe I have heard on the 750. Thanks for posting this!

mgg

·
Registered
111 Posts
In case anyone is interested. I called TBR yesterday. They said the exhaust is about the same length as the stock exhaust.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts