Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Not sure what your problem is here? Do you have the standard exhaust? I have had the standard and now have a Firebrand GP - Neither of these were near my feet with the feet on the footpegs?

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
I'm log legged enough that I wind up riding with my knees sticking out rather than squeezing the tank. That moves my boot heels in, thus melting them onto the heat shield over the exhaust pipe. I'm guessing that's what 70nova is talking about. Eventually I plan to solve this problem with forward controls.

Ever since the Street Rod came out I have wanted to get one of the rubber blocks they have attached to the heat shield. One thread discussed doing that. I guess it will attach with a couple of sheet metal screws.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I see, well being a short arse I don't have an issue, having said that I am 5'10" :)

I guess it would be easy enough to fabricate a bracket and adhere some rubber to it then simply pop rivet that to the exhaust?

I have my exhaust off at the moment - the wadding has disintegrated :( so am replacing the wire mesh, wadding and repainting it. Almost done and looking good :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I see, well being a short arse I don't have an issue, having said that I am 5'10" :)

I guess it would be easy enough to fabricate a bracket and adhere some rubber to it then simply pop rivet that to the exhaust?

I have my exhaust off at the moment - the wadding has disintegrated :( so am replacing the wire mesh, wadding and repainting it. Almost done and looking good :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not that tall ,but I dont like my legs rubbing on the tank so I turn my right foot and rest it on the heat shield ,I am going to look into the street rod pad and see if that will work

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Generally speaking, gripping the tank with your knees is considered good form when riding. Doing so allows you to keep your upper body loose so that bumps and such don't translate into arm movement.

I can do that on the Sportster but not the Street. Maybe if I get forward controls I can do it on the Street, but not with mids.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Can you post the part number for that? I'm still thinking about doing the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts