Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I’ve got myself some 6” ape bars to swap with the stock bars on my street rod. Problem I’ve found this evening (kind of did see this coming) is my cables / clutch / brake line are all too short. I’m going to have a look at re-routing everything to see if I can get the controls back on but if not, any recommendations for extending clutch and brake line? I’m ok with extending electrics. I did read on here that some people found excess after re-routing which was enough so fingers crossed! Any advise is welcomed!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
You will probably be good with some rerouting. I know on the Streets several people have put on 9" apes with the stock cables. The Street Rod could be just enough different to not work out so well. If no other SR owners chime in on this be sure to let the rest of us know how it works out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - by re-routing all cables to the rear of the forks and making sure the angle is just right on the bars the cables and brake line are long enough, just. Brake line is a little tight, could maybe do with an extra half an inch but all turns without pinching / pulling.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
Good deal! Let's see some pictures when you are done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts