Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a universal fairing online. Not so universal, doesn't really fit around the blinkers and clutch cable. That's okay, got an idea for using the windshield portion.

What I need is a spare speed screen (stock). I need to drill some holes in it, and I would like a spare to put back on in case I ever sell (I'm not planning to, I love the bike).

Anyone got one lying around they won't ever need, or do you have an idea of where I can pick one up?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Sorry, I am not writing to offer a speed screen, but just commenting on the lack of universality as it relates to this bike. I am learning that universal seems to mean-- Doesn't fit the Street models for HD. But the pursuit of parts is part of the adventure???? (not sure I believe that).

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Speed screen is another name for the small headlight surround fairing.

From Street 750 | Liquid-Cooled | Harley-Davidson USA

Café Inspired Speed Screen
Out front on the new Harley-Davidson Street™ 750 motorcycle, you’ll notice a café inspired speed screen. The look was born in the outlaw custom street bikes of the 70’s. It’s just one more example of the DNA in a Harley-Davidson Street™ 750 motorcycle that doesn’t exist in lesser machines.

http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7073&thumb=1

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's it. Decided to go ahead and modify what I've got. Still would like to get my hands on a spare in case I need it.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
They can be ordered from Dealer. There are 2 different listed: 57000385DH SPEED SCREEN (solid) | NAA/NBB $195.46. And : 57000386 SPEED SCREEN (unpainted) | NAA/NBB $101.96.
I can't tell you the difference, well $93 dollars different. But if you really want one, I would keep an eye on Ebay, where they would hopefully be less costly. Mine is removed for my windscreen, but like you I want to have the original equipment for the next owner of the bike, however far down the road that is. There have to be some floating around that have been removed. The service people who prepped my bike with its upgrades seemed surprised that I wanted to take my original parts in addition to what was on my bike. Heck yes, I want the original seat, original headlight, and the speed screen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Speed screen is another name for the small headlight surround fairing.

From Street 750 | Liquid-Cooled | Harley-Davidson USA

Café Inspired Speed Screen
Out front on the new Harley-Davidson Street™ 750 motorcycle, you’ll notice a café inspired speed screen. The look was born in the outlaw custom street bikes of the 70’s. It’s just one more example of the DNA in a Harley-Davidson Street™ 750 motorcycle that doesn’t exist in lesser machines.

http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7073&thumb=1
Look great fairing!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What it used to feel like at @ 45 mph, it now feels like that at 55-60. 65 is still a bit much, especially with a half helmet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts