Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We almost always make changes to our bikes to enhance function or looks. What is you favorite mod? Exhaust, seat, intake, etc. For me it's my seat. Stock seat just don't work well for my skinny butt. On every bike I've owned, I've taken my seat to a local upholstery shop and replace the foam with duel density to increase the seat comfort. Works well and can ride for hours straight with butt hurting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For the wife its the under bar mirrors I did. Me personally I like the look and sound of her 48 exhaust we fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice looking.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have done a few mods on my bike - all aimed at my comfort as I ride solo.
Screamin' Eagle Air Filter
Firebrand GP exhaust
Mirror extenders
Engine Bars
Halogen riding lights
Extension to cowling
Seat Cover
Anti - theft vibration alarm

FP3
USB charger
Centre Stand
Fender Extender

Doubt I will be doing much else now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For me it has to be the firebrand exhaust, that thing turns heads for sure! Closely followed by my inverted mirrors, absolute life savers!

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
The big thing for me was the saddle bags. They add so much utility to the bike. In normal times they hold my groceries for a week. They have also protected the bike from a couple of parking lot drops when I started riding and again when I wiped out on fresh gravel last fall.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For me the ohlins shocks and front cartridges and for speed the new fairing allows me to go faster comfortable
Stock shocks almost always spit the difference between being cost effective and function. Good to here the ohlins are working well for you.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. I'm short legged so no forwards for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude is your leg position not uncomfortable with the intake and wire cover in the way? Been toying with the idea but everytime I try and think about where its set up they just get in the way!?
first couple of days for sure, but now im over it. being 6feet for me i found its more comfortable pegs being on my heels. you sorta sit wide

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've made the same move a few times. Ride quality was definitely better than stock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have done a few mods on my bike - all aimed at my comfort as I ride solo.
Screamin' Eagle Air Filter
Firebrand GP exhaust
Mirror extenders
Engine Bars
Halogen riding lights
Extension to cowling
Seat Cover
Anti - theft vibration alarm View attachment 27230
FP3
USB charger
Centre Stand
Fender Extender

Doubt I will be doing much else now.
Does the cowl extension cut down on the wind noise ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is probably the seat, windshield and grips.
I didn’t like the stock seat, either. Just didn’t feel stuck to it. I put the Saddlemen two up seat on. They do take some breaking in. But, very comfortable now on 200-300 mile ride.
The windshield is the Memphis Shades Alley Cat. Not real tall. But,then, neither am I. It does the trick.
The grips are the black Kurayakn Iso-Grips. Needed something a little fatter than stock because I’m starting to have some issues with arthritis in my hands. These were the best I could find because of the 7/8”handlebars. Very comfortable for me.
AD7E351D-EFF9-438B-83C5-7F447E1F158F.jpeg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts