Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sounds like a great addition. I've ridden bikes without any wind protection and at lower speed I love it. But at higher speeds the wind protection is great. I've had quick release windshield and fairings in the past and really made it easy to take off for just around town rides. The other benefit is weather protection. As a daily commuter I'm in all kinds of weather. This morning got caught in a quick rain storm and my bat wing fairing keeps me 80 percent dry as long as I'm moving. @PugslyCat , I would keep it black for a while to make sure you really like it. It might be easier to resale a black one. Here's a quick video of my extremely pleasent ride at 4am to work this morning.

·
Super Moderator
401 Posts
From 2017-2019 I was pretty much commuting on a bike every day that was over 35 degrees Fahrenheit, dry weather was forecast, and saddlebags provided adequate cargo capacity. This year not so much. Most of those years that meant riding until Christmas and routinely back on the bike in March.

Both bikes have tombstone style windshields that come off as soon as wind chill stops being a consideration. The windshield on the Street 750 never really has seemed big enough, and the handlebar mount takes up real estate I'd like to have available for other accessories. This batwing fairing should be enough larger to make a difference and still be easily removeable.

When I've looked at and test ridden other bikes I like the Softail Sport Glide. It's got a similarly removable batwing fairing with a short windshield and no electronics inside.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts