Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
February is here and hopefully some will get some false spring days and get some mileage in, so here's our February monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. If you participatd in the previous months challenge your ending reading in that one will your beginning reading for this month. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year if you join our Annual Mileage Challenge which you can join at any times:

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just updated the beginning mileage spreadsheet. Who else wants to join?

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully @Propnut, your weather is better than mine. It's sleeting and snowing, that just doesn't happen in Houston. Here's ice on my blazer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
There has been a cyclone (hurricane) moving across Madagascar picking up strength from the warm Mozambique Channel as it headed into southern Mozambique. This has dropped tons of water in the top and right quadrant of South Africa resulting in a lot of water damage to roads, bridges and local mud-built homes. Where I am in Durban, the days are oppressively hot with humidity seldom below 87%. This is a picture I have taken from my home at 8:30am today, towards the city centre, across the harbour, as the crow flies about 5km. Normally on a clear winters day we would have a 30km visibility up the north coast and a good 50km inland towards Pietermaritzburg. Today we are down to 3 - 4km. At this time it is already 27 Celsius with 89% humidity and gale force winds this afternoon. So today is not a good riding day.
20210215_081931.jpg

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There has been a cyclone (hurricane) moving across Madagascar picking up strength from the warm Mozambique Channel as it headed into southern Mozambique. This has dropped tons of water in the top and right quadrant of South Africa resulting in a lot of water damage to roads, bridges and local mud-built homes. Where I am in Durban, the days are oppressively hot with humidity seldom below 87%. This is a picture I have taken from my home at 8:30am today, towards the city centre, across the harbour, as the crow flies about 5km. Normally on a clear winters day we would have a 30km visibility up the north coast and a good 50km inland towards Pietermaritzburg. Today we are down to 3 - 4km. At this time it is already 27 Celsius with 89% humidity and gale force winds this afternoon. So today is not a good riding day. View attachment 27725
Stay safe. I didn't ride to work today, here's a short clip of my drive in. Remember, this is Houston, Texas. Once in a lifetime event here.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget, ending mileage due Sunday, February 28th by midnight. Ride often and safe.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to post my ending mileage a day early. Rain tomorrow and too many projects around the house to get a ride in.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats to the February 2021 Mileage Challenge Winner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts