Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I recently bought a Detachables luggage rack and realized when I went to install it that I don't have the proper tool to remove the four fender bolts. They appear to be a large T45/T50 size bolt. I was wondering if anyone can verify the correct bit so I can order one online.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
910 Posts
My '16 750 had a T45 Torx head bolt. I was at Home Depot and just started looking for the cheapest set that included that size. The ones I have fit a 3/8" ratchet drive. Harbor Freight and probably any other hardware store/department that carries socket sets will have similar sets.

·
Super Moderator
910 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty sure that the fender bolts on the 2015 XG's were all Allen screws and then they changed to Torx in 2016.

·
Super Moderator
910 Posts
It's a Torx T-50 on the 2016 XG's. I found that in an older thread about mounting the luggage rack docking kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With final exams going on I couldn't find time to get back to this until today. After buying a full set of bits and checking I can confirm the 2016 model has T50 heads on the four fender bolts. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.