Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a fender eliminator without the bulky license plate mount below the tail light? I want to delete the fender, but I only want like a LED light bar with the brake light and turn signals and then just mount the license plate on the side of the bike. Personally I think it will look better that way and will truly give it that sleek look. I have looked at a couple of them on the market for our bikes, but they all have the license plate mount attached, which makes sense if you are buying it as a fender eliminator kit, but I just want the light bar portion if that makes any sense.. Any thoughts, pictures, or links would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've seen that one. That's basically what I want minus the plate mount under it. I guess if I can't find anything else I will end up buying that then just saw the plate mount off of it lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can you get a back full view of it? I do like that from what I can tell it looks slimmer and sleeker than the bulk factory one... What also happened to the licence plate LED light?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up going with the NRC fender eliminator. Here's a side view of it on my bike. I dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ended up going with the NRC fender eliminator. Here's a side view of it on my bike. I dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same NRC setup, think it's a huge improvement too! I noticed you have drag bars on yours, how does the comfort & handling compare with stock? I am thinking of changing mine too but since I commute 90 odd miles a few times a week, I don't want something that gets uncomfortable after a while. Also, what wet of tires do you have on?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same NRC setup, think it's a huge improvement too! I noticed you have drag bars on yours, how does the comfort & handling compare with stock? I am thinking of changing mine too but since I commute 90 odd miles a few times a week, I don't want something that gets uncomfortable after a while. Also, what wet of tires do you have on?

I couldn't be happier with the NRC setup. The price could be a little less in my opinion for what it is essentially, but eh.. Oh well.

Bars: Putting drag bars on has been the best upgrade I have done for sure. I wanted a lower/more forward riding position and drag bars achieved that for me. It is a lot more comfortable to ride with them than the stock bars. It doesn't set you in a position to where you are laying on the gas tank reaching for the bars, it is just slightly forward and a lot more comfortable for me to ride any distance. I highly recommend installing them. Installation was a breeze too. Took me 30-45 minutes tops to change everything out.

Tires: I changed from the stock tires to:
Front - Pirelli MT66 Route 120/90 X17
Rear - Pirelli MT66 Route 150/90 X 15

I ordered them from J&P Cycles and I highly recommend ordering from their website. I received the tires in 3-4 days. They are great rain tires also. If you decide you want to go with these keep in mind that the front fender will have to be taken off for the tire to fit.

Happy riding brother!

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you decide you want to go with these keep in mind that the front fender will have to be taken off for the tire to fit.
If you want your front fender back, there may be a way. HDWheels.com sells a "fender riser" kit specifically for the Street. The part # is FR-XG. I found it in the section called "Wheels for Harley Davidson Street XG-500 and XG-750" on this page.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want your front fender back, there may be a way. HDWheels.com sells a "fender riser" kit specifically for the Street. The part # is FR-XG. I found it in the section called "Wheels for Harley Davidson Street XG-500 and XG-750" on this page.

Heck yeah dude that's exactly what I have been looking for. I don't like getting a solid stream of water shot on me if I get stuck in the rain riding lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck yeah dude that's exactly what I have been looking for. I don't like getting a solid stream of water shot on me if I get stuck in the rain riding lol. Thanks!

PSH, never mind. They want $120 for them. I will deal without a fender until I can make a set of risers myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Street 500 nrc fender elimator

Anyone have a wiring diagram ? got nothing with my kit and cant get the tail light & brake light to work properly.

cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts