Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share this since the Street series is also seen as a starter bike. I also have seen posts asking. Good news
news, I've tried a few and wasted money so you don't have to. I have been using GIpro X from BlueMonkeymotorsports. They were very helpful and I even was able to exchange a opened product and no restocking fee. Customer service is what othe companies need to learn from them.

The part you want is GPX-WH the dash wh is the color white. Theres other colors available. Then you'll need to purchase the harness kit GPX-U01.

I've been using it for two days city and country driving works like a charm. No more counting or guessing. You can focus on the nutty drivers. Even works with the known issue first to second neutral problem. I deliberately made it go into neutral and it wasn't fooled thinkin it went to second gear, it showed the neutral sign.

Contact blue monkey, they will know what you need when you tell them you got a 500 or 750.

·
Registered
766 Posts
parts for the gear indicator

I emailed these folks asking about the parts for the gear indicator....
(GIpro X, gpx-wh, gpx-uo1 via a previous post.)

this is a reply i got from them...

....that part number is actually incorrect. The HD Street 500/750 would require our GPX-WSS (Wheel Speed Sensor) due to the fact that it has a CANBUS system. Here is the installation guide:
http://healtech-electronics.com/docs/GPX_WSS_InstallGuide_en.pdf

They are $119.99. We have a limited supply of the GPX with Yellow (some call it Amber) display but we always stock Red and Blue.
Shipping USPS priority is the cheapest and faster method for about $6.
Laura Ocean Nutting
Office Manager/Sales
Blue Monkey Motorsports Inc.
[email protected]
(208)255-7969
http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com
* Exclusive North American importer/distributor for Healtech Electronics

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Email them back and tell them you want the universal kit. Also mention the customer that was the test rat from michigan who sent pictures with instructions of his 750 GI installed.

The problem is with speed sensor setup is ya got to find a spot for it then figure out how to rig it then wire it.

Universal kit 4 wires and done. I already did the hard part of research, installation and successful test.

Ill be emailing them also asking wth.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Email them back and tell them you want the universal kit. Also mention the customer that was the test rat from michigan who sent pictures with instructions of his 750 GI installed.

The problem is with speed sensor setup is ya got to find a spot for it then figure out how to rig it then wire it.

Universal kit 4 wires and done. I already did the hard part of research, installation and successful test.

ok thanks!....all I wish for is to purchase the correct items.

also could you share info on what tach you got and how to hook it up....you seem to have the knowledge and talent for these things!

I know we all appreciate you sharing this with us!

·
Registered
766 Posts

ok, got it done....hopefully they can and will make up a kit for the street models that is exactly what you have working.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres the email I sent them myself.............

I posted on hdstreetforums

A someone inquired and this is the reply that you guys sent back, which is incorrect.

Absolutely does not need a wheel sensor but the correct part that was asked for, universal. My working Street 750 is proof.
Not off to a good start when I recommend the GI and I'm contradicted even though I didnt use the wheel sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Folks,

I will take ownership of this issue. After New2Harley sent us his results that it worked (on Wednesday night), I have been fighting a multi-day migraine and simply did not get this new info to my office manager. I apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have created.

Rock270, I'll give you 10% off on your purchase of a kit as our way of apologizing for the extra hassle/confusion.

We have also sent this information to Healtech Electronics to update their product database.

Any future contacts should be met with accurate product information for y'all.

Regards,

Todd Robinson, President
Blue Monkey Motorsports, Inc.

*North American Importer/Distributor for Healtech Electronics

·
Registered
766 Posts
Folks,

I will take ownership of this issue. After New2Harley sent us his results that it worked (on Wednesday night), I have been fighting a multi-day migraine and simply did not get this new info to my office manager. I apologize for any confusion or frustration this may have created.

Rock270, I'll give you 10% off on your purchase of a kit as our way of apologizing for the extra hassle/confusion.

We have also sent this information to Healtech Electronics to update their product database.
Any future contacts should be met with accurate product information for y'all.

Regards,

Todd Robinson, President
Blue Monkey Motorsports, Inc.

*North American Importer/Distributor for Healtech Electronics

Mr. Robinson, i'm so sorry to hear about your migraines. my daughter has them a lot and I know how debilitating they can be. I do hope somehow you can find relief soon!

also, I do appreciate yalls efforts and speedy response pertaining to this neat project of helping us getting the gear indicators working on our bikes.

We also appreciate our members input.

Also tell Ms. Laura, I appreciate her efforts in helping us too.

thanks for working with us and I hope you sell many of these units!

sincerely,
Rock270

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am very interested in this. I find the website very difficult to navigate.

So you want the GPX part for the Harley Davidson Buell in my case I would order GPX-R because I would want red. ( There are many to choose from and if you just put in GPX universal it will send you one that is Speed Sensing.)
Then you want the GPX-u01 universal harness.

Each part is $119.99

Is this correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am very interested in this. I find the website very difficult to navigate.

So you want the GPX part for the Harley Davidson Buell in my case I would order GPX-R because I would want red. ( There are many to choose from and if you just put in GPX universal it will send you one that is Speed Sensing.)
Then you want the GPX-u01 universal harness.

Each part is $119.99

Is this correct?
Start here: Healtech Gear Indicator Pro "GIPro" X-Type :: Plug-N-Tap Kits for almost any bike built!

Select the U01 harness, and the display color you want. The TOTAL kit is $119.99. Shipping is around $6-7 to most US cities.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mr. Robinson, i'm so sorry to hear about your migraines. my daughter has them a lot and I know how debilitating they can be. I do hope somehow you can find relief soon!

also, I do appreciate yalls efforts and speedy response pertaining to this neat project of helping us getting the gear indicators working on our bikes.

We also appreciate our members input.

Also tell Ms. Laura, I appreciate her efforts in helping us too.

thanks for working with us and I hope you sell many of these units!

sincerely,
Rock270
Thanks. I feel like I should buy stock in the companies that make Imitrex...'cause so much of my money goes to buying it. But it keeps me functional.

It's always interesting working out things for new models...and Harley keeps it "interesting" for us. Even my XL1200 Sportster took some monkeying to get a GIPro wired in, but now I have one on there (with a bar mount we produce).

A huge thanks to New2Harley for all his help!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Start to finish, a hour or two. You wont have to figure which wire goes where. The time is in how neatly you want to hide/route the wires. Myself once I got it hooked up and working, I took about 2hrs to neatly route the wires.
I took my sweet time, had to remove saddlebags to remove seat and then took the gas tank bolt out to be able to lift up. Route around carefully hiding the wire into the handle bar harness.
Knowing what wire goes where and knowing where the sensors are is a huge time saver.
Btw still love this GI just so darn nice knowing what gear Im in especially in curves. Keep in mind while stopped it doesn't show the gear. The bike must be moving and clutch lever released.

I actually heard pharmaceuticals are great investments. I have some in my 401 portfolio.

·
Registered
111 Posts
bluemonkeymoto (with a bar mount we produce).

I did not see this bar mount on the website. Does it fit the 750's 7/8" bar? If so can you provide a link?

mgg

·
Registered
111 Posts
our handle bars are 7/8" if I'm not mistaken ;)
Thanks.:) I changed my post.

Also was just on the Bluemonkeymoto site and saw this. (It is a new release.)

http://shop.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/GIPro-Bar-Mount-for-Harley-Davidson_p_1802.html

So everything is now clear. (I think?)

As indicated mounts for the Street 750/500 will be available in Sept. Looks like a nice quality mount.

I already purchased the kit but think I will wait to install it as this mount look very nice.

mgg

·
Registered
766 Posts
What exactly is this? A Gear Shift Indicator? And how does it know what gear you're in?

Thanks

when you get time, read back through some of these post per this thread, I'd guess it will answer many questions that you may have.

this is a very cool mod and very useful to many riders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts